Post Thanks / Like

My new wash regimen - I didn`t think a car could be so glossy after just a wash!

I want to begin this by saying while I am not new to detailing, I am fairly new to Optimum products. Any tips or criticisms are welcome here.

When I was in a house with a driveway and a hose, I used to hand wash my car once every other week at my leisure. When I moved out of the house and into an apartment, I had to figure out what to do in order to wash my car at least as well as before.

For a while I filled two 5-gallon buckets, snapped some lids on them, and took them to the coin-op wash. That got tiring and I was always worried one would topple over in my trunk. Eventually I tried putting foaming wash in an ant poison sprayer. That didn`t give me the results I wanted plus I got weird looks and someone tried to make long conversation with me as product was drying on my car in the sun. Every time.

Finally, I tried making a sprayable ONR in a 32oz bottle. This is the best portable option I`ve tried so far. First, I clean the car best I can with just high pressure water on the paint. I fully clean my wheels with wheel woolies and the soap from the car was sprayer in the wash bay. Then, I do a no-spot rinse. Once I get the car into a parking spot for ONR, I liberally spray this concoction on the paint:

2oz ONR
    1oz Optimum Car Wax
    29oz distilled water

The ratio of ONR:distilled water comes from Optimum`s recommendation for a "quick detailer". Pulled from the Autogeek page:

"Add 8 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make an excellent quick detailer.Fill up a spray bottle with this mixture and use it to clean and shine your vehicle, just as you would use a traditional detailer. The proprietary polymers bond to the paint surface to protect it from abrasion and micro-marring as you clean. The incredible formula leaves your vehicle extremely slick and glossy, like you just applied wax!"

ONR by itself certainly isn`t "like you just applied wax!" in my experience, but when you add 1oz Car Wax to this mixture, it looks and feels the same as spraying and wiping Car Wax on after washing. I have no visible marring at all on my car when viewed in the sun but it is grey with lots of metallic flake, so YMMV. I use about 1/2 towel per panel when washing with this combo because I am familiar with the way ONR works; it essentially transfers the dirt from your paint into the fibers of your towel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BMW M240i | Mineral White | Coral Red
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new wash regimen - I didn`t think a car could be so glossy after just a wash!

It looks great. I use a similar wash method when my car is lightly soiled. Power wash dirt off then use a waterless wash as a drying aid.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new wash regimen - I didn`t think a car could be so glossy after just a wash!

Here`s a link to the topic I started on suggestions to clean dirty wash media (microfiber mitts/pads) used with ONR (What I learned is in Post #30):
    Help Cleaning Dirty Microfiber Wash Media After using ONR
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

BluBrett- Glad you`ve found an approach that works so well for you!

I wonder how adding the OCW to the ONR compares to using a RW of the "with wax" variety. I suspect your mix has more wax in it.

IME the ONR (and to a greater extent IUDJ) does impart the "just waxed!" effect, but only when you really build up the [whatever it leaves behind], which might not happen on vehicles since they take abuse and need some degree of genuine cleaning as the first step that probably removes some of that (it works for me on household stuff where the ONR is all that`s ever used).

Thread Information