Post Thanks / Like

BOSS Foam Cannon Updated?

I`ve seen a few posts mentioning the BOSS Foam Cannon (PW Style) has received some updates. Anyone know what the updates were/why they were done?

Just curious. I`ve got what is likely one of the first run of them (bought with the starter kit when they first came out). No complaints with it, it`s been working great. Just curious what others had been seeing or what they`ve heard.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BOSS Foam Cannon Updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I`ve seen a few posts mentioning the BOSS Foam Cannon (PW Style) has received some updates. Anyone know what the updates were/why they were done?

Just curious. I`ve got what is likely one of the first run of them (bought with the starter kit when they first came out). No complaints with it, it`s been working great. Just curious what others had been seeing or what they`ve heard.

Thanks!
    Check out Auto Fanatics TY channel.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Much appreciated. I don’t make it to YouTube often for detailing stuff; mainly for fear of falling into the YT black hole (where did all that time go?)

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone keeping their distance from YouTube - Cliffs notes:

Revised: Full CNC stainless internals (had plastic outlet under the shroud before), 1.1mm orifice, surgical grade rubber pick up hose. Sounds like it includes the quick connect fitting now.

Results per Auto Fanatic: More dense foam (less watery), less noise from cannon in action.

Thanks again TheMeanGreen!
    Likes TheMeanGreen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in Carlisle pa today and tomorrow helping Rod Kraft from Griot’s teach a basic and advanced class, you got it right, some minor tweaks done. The updated version has laser etching on the top.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is the new product better? I was waiting until all the kinks were ironed out. Did they fix the problem with the pre-wash eating through the bottles? I had high hopes that it would be close to a touchless wash. What’s the latest news on the system?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Is the new product better? I was waiting until all the kinks were ironed out. Did they fix the problem with the pre-wash eating through the bottles? I had high hopes that it would be close to a touchless wash. What’s the latest news on the system?

I am not sure about the product eating through the bottle, I love the MTM PF-22 but I hate that it tips over when it is half full or less. If the Griot`s has all the kinks ironed out and I was in the market for a foam cannon, I would probably lean toward this.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the surface prep was a chemical compatibility with the plastic they used for their 35ox bottles, not with the cannon.

Kinda like when I found out my Optimum Power Clean bottle had a crack in it, so I transferred it to an empty carbonated water bottle. Fast forward a ways and I found out it had eaten through the bottle and leaked into the tote it was it. The little bit I salvaged went into an empty windex bottle which seemed to work.

I’m no chemist, just my observation.

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be that they got a problem with the Foaming Surface Prep Wash when used with their foamcannon and that plastic outlet part was also melting when used with this?

For those with a MTM PF22 foamcannon I would test if the thread on the foamcannon bottle is the same as another bottle and Kwazar bottles would be a great choice if they fit. Maybe switch to a little longer inner tube and think that the ones used in the Kwazar spray bottles will fit on the MTM PF22 foamcannon. Then you get it to be very stable and would not tip so easy. And also think it`s not would be any problems with the chemicals used in the Kwazar spray bottles vs MTM PF22 foamcannon bottle. I have seen rebranded MTM PF22 foamcannon with what I think is Kwazar bottles on them here in Sweden.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

The bottles are being changed to one’s similar to the gallon bottles. The prep wash made them brittle at the cap threads.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

On Auto Fanatic`s YouTube channel, he tests the new and improved Griots foam cannon. If you look for the test he did with Griots Surface Wash and the MTM PF22, there`s no comparison between the PF22 and the Griots cannon...PF22 still makes better foam. The new Griots one is better than the old one, but still can not out-foam the MTM

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot’s foam doesn’t have to be as thick as you would think, designed that way for multiple application devices. The technology of the foam is different from others and plain car washes.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Briarpatch- I’ll have to seek out the old video comparison and see what the MTM looks like compared to the foam in the updated BOSS cannon video. He seemed pretty happy with the updates.

Seems like you can’t go wrong either way. I’m still super happy with my Griot’s unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Briarpatch- I’ll have to seek out the old video comparison and see what the MTM looks like compared to the foam in the updated BOSS cannon video. He seemed pretty happy with the updates.

Seems like you can’t go wrong either way. I’m still super happy with my Griot’s unit.
    here`s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqgU_h24PY

Thread Information