Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer and foam cannon recommendations

I am thinking about getting a PW for use on my cars. I am looking for an electric unit - doesn`t need to be super powerful, but one that is moderately priced, user friendly and reliable.

The same question about foam cannons. Simple and reliable.

I have not had much luck in the past (15 or so years ago) with PW`s - one gas and one electric as they both leaked, but hoping that improvements have made certain models more reliable.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer and foam cannon recommendations

There are many threads like this, I say use the search function, but because I like to help, the SunJoe`s do well. Any of the models that put out ~1.76gpm and ~2,000psi. For foam cannon, either get the Griot`s Garage recently updated version or the MTM PF-22. Get the SGS-28 gun and wand kit off of Amazon, with the 50ft UBERFLEX hose and call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like

I entered PW ownership last summer. Picked up the frequently referenced baby Ryobi (1600 PSI 1.2gpm). I like the compact size, 3 year warranty (basically translates to $36 a year to have a pressure washer), and not having to feed/maintain it since it`s electric.

I`ve used it for cleaning siding (does need a longer hose), and for blasting paint off a wood deck (use care with turbo nozzles), and the obvious car washing. I don`t honestly mind it not being super high powered as it feels just a little safer in my head. Obviously I don`t get reckless with it with the cars...

My vote for Foam Cannon goes to the Griot`s BOSS cannon. If you wanted to try their foams, the 35oz bottles screw right into the cannon (which is awesome); if you wanted to use other soaps/products the provided bottle has a wide bottom to keep it from falling over all the time when you set it down (I fill it with water to flush between/after foams). Maybe a little pricier than other cannons, but if anything goes wrong with it you know you`ve got Griot`s customer support behind it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    There are many threads like this, I say use the search function, but because I like to help, the SunJoe`s do well. Any of the models that put out ~1.76gpm and ~2,000psi. For foam cannon, either get the Griot`s Garage recently updated version or the MTM PF-22. Get the SGS-28 gun and wand kit off of Amazon, with the 50ft UBERFLEX hose and call it a day.
    Yes, I did take a look at some previous threads, but wanted something more recent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I entered PW ownership last summer. Picked up the frequently referenced baby Ryobi (1600 PSI 1.2gpm). I like the compact size, 3 year warranty (basically translates to $36 a year to have a pressure washer), and not having to feed/maintain it since it`s electric.

I`ve used it for cleaning siding (does need a longer hose), and for blasting paint off a wood deck (use care with turbo nozzles), and the obvious car washing. I don`t honestly mind it not being super high powered as it feels just a little safer in my head. Obviously I don`t get reckless with it with the cars...

My vote for Foam Cannon goes to the Griot`s BOSS cannon. If you wanted to try their foams, the 35oz bottles screw right into the cannon (which is awesome); if you wanted to use other soaps/products the provided bottle has a wide bottom to keep it from falling over all the time when you set it down (I fill it with water to flush between/after foams). Maybe a little pricier than other cannons, but if anything goes wrong with it you know you`ve got Griot`s customer support behind it.
    I was reading reviews about GG`s foam cannon and it seems they worked out the bugs. But I have tons of shampoo (GG) so not really going to use the BOSS foams.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a suds magic cannon and works well no leaks although I think it goes through product fast. I will prolly upgrade to boss. I got a ryobi 2300 psi 1.2 gpm electric. Reason I chose this as is ryobi best electric pressure washer and has brushless motor which is more reliable. Got a 50 ft flexzilla with all the quick connects and am very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a Harbor Freight? I wonder how it matches up.

Post Thanks / Like

I stumbled across the Power Products USA 1.76 GPM, 2200 psi unit on Amazon. Warranty claims are handle by the company in the US, I think in Florida. They are easy to get a hold of with people speaking English you can understand. Three year warranty. Hose connections are METAL not plastic.The yellow colored unit is $127.99, Prime shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Trinova Foam Cannon on Amazon. Jar has large opening. Will not tip over when set down. $34.97. Prime shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few of the Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer GPW1501. They work great for cars, don`t use a ton of water and they are a steal at $60 when they go on sale. They also use standard tip fittings. I`ve had a lot more expensive pressure washers and more money doesn`t mean more durability, in fact regardless of what I pay, they don`t seem to last more than a few years.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Kranzle 1600 psi w/ foam cannon and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots and lots of threads on multiple forums about this subject. For the record, I have a SunJoe SPX3000 and like it. It`s rated at 2030 psi and 1.76 gpm, both of which are inflated specs. It does, however, have more than enough in each category to do cars. I have two foam cannons, a 20.00 one from Amazon, and an MTM PF22, both of which have the smaller (1.1) orifice in them. The cheap one works okay, but the PF22 is definitely better. I`ve gotten very good foam from the Griots Garage Surface Wash and Chemical guys Honeydew Snow Foam.

If you have the budget (over 800.00), nothing beats a Kranzle as far as electric power washers are concerned. AR Blue Clean does have some professional grade electric power washers, that come in around 600.00 or so...again...if your budget has that much room in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    AR Blue Clean does have some professional grade electric power washers, that come in around 600.00 or so...again...if your budget has that much room in it.
    I had an AR Blue 610, it was a turd. Bit the dust after a few years. Worst part is it didn`t even have an auto off. I could have have Greenworks pressure washers for 30 years for what I paid for the 610.

Post Thanks / Like

My suggestion is whatever you get go ahead and get the extended warranty. On most products the extended warranty is unnecessary, but for PWs it’s a good buy. Keep the box too so you can ship it back. Finding a box to ship the thing back is a pain.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I have a few of the Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer GPW1501. They work great for cars, don`t use a ton of water and they are a steal at $60 when they go on sale. They also use standard tip fittings. I`ve had a lot more expensive pressure washers and more money doesn`t mean more durability, in fact regardless of what I pay, they don`t seem to last more than a few years.
    Noting that I don`t use a foamer with it....

Yeah, same sort of experience here. My ultra-cheap AR110 is still going strong after a few years. I`ve had to replace the hose, but other than that no problems at all despite zero maintenance (I just use it and walk away until the next time). That`s more than I can say about the more expensive ones I`ve had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information