Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer and foam cannon recommendations

Sun joe has a commercial series I been looking at (weird that I want my ryobi to die?). 1300/2.0 gpm 1800 1.6 gpm. The seem to have nice features but have to figure out if instant on is a must ( doesn’t have). I thought it was big deal and thought my ryobi has it (it didn’t, bad discription. It has a brushless motor which nicer ones have but haven’t seen anything about their pumps. Priced between 3-400. Seems like a good deal if truly commercial grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Sun joe has a commercial series I been looking at (weird that I want my ryobi to die?). 1300/2.0 gpm 1800 1.6 gpm. The seem to have nice features but have to figure out if instant on is a must ( doesn’t have). I thought it was big deal and thought my ryobi has it (it didn’t, bad discription. It has a brushless motor which nicer ones have but haven’t seen anything about their pumps. Priced between 3-400. Seems like a good deal if truly commercial grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and here`s Auto Fanatics review of one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYfCScHEKdY

Post Thanks / Like

Picked this up because it’s just going to be faster to use & more versatile than electric.

It’s pretty nice. Briggs engine: no choke, no prime, no oil change - just check & add. Idle drops when not squeezing the wand & its pretty quiet.
    Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post

Picked this up because it’s just going to be faster to use & more versatile than electric.

It’s pretty nice. Briggs engine: no choke, no prime, no oil change - just check & add. Idle drops when not squeezing the wand & its pretty quiet.
    Looks like a great gas PW. Like that it idle down when not used.

Do you know which size of the orifice is in the nozzle tip?
    MTM has a great calculator for getting the size you want to have the psi on. For fun I put in the specs yours has and that would be a 3.0 nozzle tip orifice. If you put in your 2.5gpm and a psi of 2000psi you would use a 3.5 orifice in the nozzle tip. If want to go down to 1500psi you would get a 4.0 nozzle tip orifice.

The calculator.

https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/pages/...ize-calculator

It`s a little confuseing when you come to the orifice in the foamcannon. It`s the same calculator but the orifice is measured in millimeter. And I don`t know what measure the nozzle tip orifices is in. I have a PW with 2.6gpm and it`s just on the edge of going with a step largersize which is 1.30mm orifice. If I`m correct it would be a 4.0/1.30mm orifice and you would get a psi from the PW on 1500psi. The standard 1.25mm orifice is a 3.5. And the smaller 1.1mm orifice in the foamcannon would be 3.0 orifice. On your PW with a 3.0/1.1 orifice you have a psi of 2800. Then to confuseing it even more it`s seems hard to get a hold of the 1.30mm orifice and the next orifice available is 5.0/1.50mm orifice. That would give your PW with the 1.50mm orifice a pressure of 1000psi. Which is a little low pressure IMO from a foamcannon. I would use the standard 1.25mm orifice in the foamcannon with your PW.

Hope it helps you or if you have already knowledge about it. Maybe it can help others to know a little more about sizes of orifices that is quite important to know what you have and what you can get to tune the PW you have. Your PW is a great specs one that you can do a lot with and not just washing the car. Cleaning stone bricks in the garden or your driveway is very effective. And getting a turbo nozzle tip is even more effective. Don`t use a turbo nozzle tip on a vehical though LOL. If you don`t aim for take of the paint to the metall LOL.

/ Tony
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno about the orifice nozzle on my MTM. It`s the old MTM - when detailers first started getting them - maybe 8-10 yrs ago or so.

I`ve used it with electric pressure washers mostly. Honestly - with this pressure washer I got crazy Chemical Guys video foam. Almost exactly like shaving cream. Not that I think foaming does much if anything, nor was that even a reason why I purchased this - but it is sort of satisfying to cover your car in a blanket of white foam.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I dunno about the orifice nozzle on my MTM. It`s the old MTM - when detailers first started getting them - maybe 8-10 yrs ago or so.

I`ve used it with electric pressure washers mostly. Honestly - with this pressure washer I got crazy Chemical Guys video foam. Almost exactly like shaving cream. Not that I think foaming does much if anything, nor was that even a reason why I purchased this - but it is sort of satisfying to cover your car in a blanket of white foam.
    Proberly you have the standard 1.25mm orifice in the foamcannon. And is a good size for your PW. Did you get a less density in the foam when you used an electric PW if it was 1.2gpm?

Yeah the only thing the foam it self does for me is to get a little longer dwell time. It`s with foams that need above 5 minutes to get started to desolve the road film that it`s usefull so it not dries on me. If I get a too thick of foam it`s also no good as it`s gets too heavy and runs off faster. So some where in the middle is what I aim for when setting the chemical mix setting on the foamcannon and the dilution in the foamcannon bottle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information