Post Thanks / Like

How much dirt can build up in the winter months here in Sweden!

I have been written a lot of how I use chemicals to prewash with. It`s been 4 weeks since I last did the touchless wash on my car. And then I used a tar degreaser and prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off. There where some bigger tar spots left that would need to be aggitated to be desolved. Otherwise most of the road film was handled by the tfr foam. The LSP was failing at that point too and more on that later on.

This is what I started at. And it`s seems not so bad. Thanks for the silver metallic paint LOL. As you can see there is some reflection and some gloss from this angle.

Now 2 pictures in close up. Where you would think it`s not the same car.

PW and foamcannon filled with concentrate Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam prewash foam.

This prewash foam is very effective. All the crusted road salt and so much of the road film that the rinse bucket is almost clean after the wash.

I wonder why we get so much tar on the vehicals here in Sweden. Cause this is no isolated happening with this tar build up. We have a law that says if there is winter weather you have to have winter tires on from 1 december to 31 mars. And the most effective ones are the studded winter tires and especially when it`s ice roads. This 4 weeks has the temperature been around the freezing point. And with little to no snow. They are spreading road salt heavy on the roads. I think it`s a combo of the road salt and the studded winter tires that are loosen and releasing the tar in the asphalt roads. That when you drive through it it flyies up on the side panels and the back of the car.

Here you can see how much of tar spots I have had under this 4 weeks. After the touchless wash I maybe had 3-4 little bigger tar spots left. This is behind the left front wheel. And you can see how clean it got with the prewash foam and used the water pressure from the PW to clean with. And as I always do with any degreaser or prewash foam I start from the bottom and work my way up. When useing the water pressure from the PW to get the most effective cleaning ability from the PW.

Since the LSP is still protecting some I think. It could be washed off with the Carpro Reset car soap and the 2bm. But who would want this tar in their wash media and also could be spreading it out on the paint. That`s when we use something we call Cold Degreaser. Which is a petroleum based tar degreaser. They have done it so it clings and that you can spray it on wet surfaces. So how does this look likes and does it desolve the tar?

This mess is what I try to evoid to get in my wash mitts and rubbing into the paint. Tar is very sticky of nature and on smaller roads here they use sand/gravel with a little road salt in too. This makes the risk a lot bigger that sand can be in this tar. Since I can use Cold Degreaser on those areas where the tar bonds to. I lower the risk of wash indused swirls. And never spray it on over the the windows and leaves a safety zone under the windows begins.

This is after the Cold Degreaser and then cleaned and rinsed off thoroughly with the PW.

Only a couple of bigger tar spots left. That I used a little stronger citrus based tar remover and gentle aggitated it with a mf towel until those desolved. Then PW rinsed it off.

Now the darkness came in and I had to hurry. But it`s not much to see. I washed with Carpro Reset car soap and the 2bm. Rinsed thoroughly and applyied the new to me Carpro Hydro2 lite. The sprayer head Carpro has and this is to put it nicely not so good LOL. Either way got it to work so I could spray the Hydro2 lite on. Sprayed it on in sections and when I had sprayed on one section. I wiped it in with a damp mf applicator sponge and rinsed it off with the PW. Dried with PFM style towel and when done it was dark outside.

I have one of those orange street lights where I wash the cars. But what I could see the gloss and finish was great. Also saw the swirls I have gotten since april last year. But not so bad and think most of them came from last winter when takeing off the snow. The car sits outside 24/7.

Thanks for reading this long post LOL. And you who have done it maybe understand more why my environment needs an aggressive prewash during the winter months here.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Here is the post where I did the touchless wash.

And also forgot to mention about the LSP. When the 2bm wash was done it have revived a little. So something was still on there. But it`s on it`s end for sure. The Hydro2 was very needed until I been able to wash the next time.

And want to wish all of you a Happy New Year!

/ Tony from Sweden
    Likes Coleroad, The Guz, Stokdgs, kevk, AndyA62 and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Older thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much dirt can build up in the winter months here in Sweden!

I`ll never complain about winter again.

Thanks,Tony.

Thread Information