Background....

I own a 2011 F150 crewcab and 2014 Explorer. About two months ago I polished them, truck with Ultimate Polish, Griot`s cleaner was on the explorer. Used a HF DA with HF Orange pads (I know the pads are junk and they won`t be used again) and the process went well. I finished both with Ultimate Was.

One week later I used Meguiars Fast Finish. Maintenance washing typically with ONR GD method as I have for years.

I am using yellow Costco mf for my washes and haven`t had any issues that I have seen with them in the last 4 years or so.

Saturday I got the explorer in the garage after the kids went to bed, washed and found some what I will call "scratches". I believe they are from my drying waffle weave. I don`t like them as they are cheap and feel "prickly" if that is a word I can use. Rough would maybe work.

I feel I am inducing these with the drying process. They weren`t there the last wash from my memory.

Now, I know there is a drying towel "showdown" in the works and I am watching it but I am wanting to pull the trigger before this is done I am thinking.

I would like to buy at least 3 drying, does anybody have one they wouldn`t live without? Should I buy 3 different ones and see which one I like for done the road? Are there any "clunkers" I need to flat stay away from?

I am like any other working man with a wife and two kids so no money tree but maybe I buy two now and add later. Just intimidating with the amount of towels out there.

I hope this rambling mess makes sense to someone.

KM