Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber pole??

I have a 2011 GMC Sierra Denali, and while I am 6`2 I still find it a nuisance to get the top of the cab, the middle of the windshield, and upper portion of the paint without leaning onto the truck. Is there a tool or pole attachment that will extend my reach? I know there are brushes, but even the boars hair brushes scare me with black paint.

thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber pole??

I use a micro chenille mitt tool that has a telescopic pole, I was very worried about the quality due to its low price, but when compared next to my Griots Garage mitt, they look and feel the same, so now I use it for hood/windshield/roof cleaning on trucks and it has made my life easier because I can reach the whole panel without walking to the other side of the vehicle.
    Likes aaron1085 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

griot`s makes a nice setup, but i don`t see it on acc. maybe give vega a call. https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...fType=&from=fn
    personally, i can`t make it without my long handled boars hair brush, but i know how black paint can put the fear of God in people.

Post Thanks / Like

The challenge is how does one build a durable pole that is lightweight, so that the operator can use the pole to run the wash medium over the surface and still be able to sufficiently float the wash medium over the surface. A super added bonus would be something that is water fed but that would asking too much ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

waiting for the incedipole from microfiber madness. was shown at sema, suppose to release in spring 17.

the montana boar hair brush has always interested me though

Post Thanks / Like

Boars hair brush... Is interesting, but i would try a wash mitt on a worn our corn broom first.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Why not use a werner platform?
    I`ve got 2 Werners and my favorite safer option is my Steck platform.

https://youtu.be/FMfF_NBysW0

https://www.amazon.com/Steck-Manufac.../dp/B000O3NSYS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Why not use a werner platform?
    I`ve got 2 Werners and my favorite safer option is my Steck platform.

https://youtu.be/FMfF_NBysW0

https://www.amazon.com/Steck-Manufac.../dp/B000O3NSYS
    space is tight, but more so is budget. I would love to have 1 or 2 of these but can`t justify spending 100 bucks when I could still use my ladder that I dread lugging out to wash the truck. The pole provides conviency along with being cheaper. Great suggestion though if I could buy one!

The worn out broom is interesting.. I wonder if cutting down the broom and putting the wash mit on the end would work. Would like to figure out a way to cover the bristles of the broom so they don`t poke through eventually.

I found some cheap alternatives and received a PM that was seems to possible work. I hope he doesn`t mind that I posted the link, I don`t see why he would but just wanted to give him props for the suggestion. https://www.amazon.com/Microtex-R-11...icrofiber+pole

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Bhb works great. Must soap first and I also have a synthetic. Vehicle wash brush. Both work Finnen

Post Thanks / Like

The corn broom probably wont cut through, but if its a concern you can always tape it off. It could work real well because its flexible and can be very easy to control pressure (i mean we all used a corn brrom before i hope... These things can make magic happen based on pressure and flexibility)

I apologize if the link looks like a joke but the kids size probably will fit the mitt the best. Without much modifications.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymoche View Post
    The corn broom probably wont cut through, but if its a concern you can always tape it off. It could work real well because its flexible and can be very easy to control pressure (i mean we all used a corn brrom before i hope... These things can make magic happen based on pressure and flexibility)

I apologize if the link looks like a joke but the kids size probably will fit the mitt the best. Without much modifications.
    I appreciate the link, but I did think WTF Montessori Services???? Haha.. I think my local Costco has kids size corn brooms in their cleaning product section. Might go take a look before I buy that pole on Amazon.

If I buy that pole on Amazon, I will likely modify it to fit my poor boys wash mit. I`ll do a write up if I go that route. Seems like it would just require cutting away some plastic with a Dremel to be able to fit into the hand hole of the mit.

Post Thanks / Like

No way I`d touch the paint with anything you wouldn`t use on the hood of a black Bentley. Why mar it up? Get a few of the biggest/widest work platforms you can find and treat the "high up" panels just the way you`d treat any other panel on anything else.

Yeah, they cost a little and it`s easy for me to spend somebody else`s money, but IME it`s just part of the cost-of-ownership that accompanies such vehicles (I had to buy five of `em). With a pickup, you could probably get by fine with only two of them.

Thread Information