Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric pressure washer

My POV is the latter ....I suppose.
    Instead of having a broken machine sitting around with a warranty, I`d rather just buy a short nipple, and 1/2-GH coupler and be done with it. The replacement part would be more robust than the original or the ~warranty plastic replacement part~ and problems like this would be mitigated down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Swanic, if you go back and look at my posts earlier in this thread refrencing the Karcher PW, you`ll see that this is the same issue my Karcher came with. The crack was actually in the elbow of that piece where it attaches to the pump. Mine leaked from the first time I hooked it up, didn`t even turn it on. It leaked like a screen door when the water was turned on. Karcher replaced mine. Karcher had a problem with these machines being tipped over and that part breaking. The machine I purchased had a little duck bill foot on it that was to prevent this problem but I have no idea how mine got broken other than to say it arrived that way. To Karcher`s credit, none of the 3 that I own have ever tipped over. Apparently the duck bill did the trick. They told me to keep it, I repaired it. The piece that was broken had a white chalk mark on it from the factory denoting the crack. Not sure how it got sent out that way.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I was starting to think I want to get a pw.

Now AR Blue off my list...........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Electric pressure washer

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

Don`t get me wrong. The machine is great & I`m sure 99% of them are fine. I have to call a guy at AR later today - I`m sure this will get resolved.

It`s just irritating I thought it was resolved and basically got a hose adapter in the mail when I was expecting a new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    My POV is the latter ....I suppose.
    Instead of having a broken machine sitting around with a warranty, I`d rather just buy a short nipple, and 1/2-GH coupler and be done with it. The replacement part would be more robust than the original or the ~warranty plastic replacement part~ and problems like this would be mitigated down the road.
    I understand ya.

But what if the pump goes in 6 mos? Then they are likely to say I monkied with it and not honor the remaining warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

You`re going to have to remove the cladding anyhow for R/R.....

If the pump goes and if you need to send it in or drop it off at a AR dealer....then you simply put the cheap ass plastic one back on.
    You basically DEMOD it ....

Hoses get yanked, pulled at times. IMO, metal is just something that is a no brainer...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Don`t get me wrong. The machine is great & I`m sure 99% of them are fine. I have to call a guy at AR later today - I`m sure this will get resolved.

It`s just irritating I thought it was resolved and basically got a hose adapter in the mail when I was expecting a new machine.

It shouldn`t take a 2nd call...
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

Meanwhile mine is still working fine after a few years, which is more than I can say for any of my Karchers including the really pricey ones. And at, what...$75 or so...it`s easy enogh for me to just think of it as something disposable.

It shouldn`t take a 2nd call...
    I`m with ya there, but you know how Customer Service goes when conducted at a distance...and/or sometimes even face-to-face! And my experiences with Karcher were such that *my* interpretation was basically "if a Karcher goes bad, you`re stuck...no help, no fixes, utterly worthless warranty, throw it away" though I`ll allow that maybe that`s changed recently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    And my experiences with Karcher were such that *my* interpretation was basically "if a Karcher goes bad, you`re stuck...no help, no fixes, utterly worthless warranty, throw it away" though I`ll allow that maybe that`s changed recently.
    Or as I`ve indicated in this thread you might be stuck with 3 of them and for an extra $60, 3 working machines. YMMV.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1- Yeah, your situation worked out great in the end Mileage varies indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

Electric pressure washer

Ok - latest update... It only gets better folks.

So, AR dude was kind enough to admit he sent me the wrong "part". Now, keep in mind the machine is under warranty and I *assumed* he was just sending me a new machine - not a "part".

So, he promises me he is now sending me the right part. He picked it and shipped it himself.

This is where it gets interesting (to me at least). I`m looking at the machine and realizing there is NOW WAY to replace this part without completely tearing down the pressure washer - and you know electric pressure washers are clad in like 3 tons of plastic. Now I really don`t want to do this, simply because:

1. I don`t get paid to disable and repair pressure washers

2. The machine is under warranty and I shouldn`t have to tear it apart to fix it.

3. There is no disassembly instructions and the machine is clad in plastic - and you know, stuff (especially cheap plastic stuff) can break.

Anyway, at this point I`ve just had it. It`s like a $220 machine - if it irritates me enough I`ll just throw it in the garbage and get a Karcher. So, I decide to tear it down to see if I can simply upgrade this leaking plastic part with a metal one from a hardware store - if not I`ll simply replace it with the new part when it arrives. "Tearing it down" involves splitting the machine in half and separating the pump assembly from the plastic cladding inside.

Well, the best I can figure this spout piece has screwy threads... One side is metric (M22 ?) and one side is not (1/4" or 3/4" ?) - there is no piece I can find like this locally or online doing a quick search.

So, it looks like I`m stuck using the factory plastic piece when it arrives.

Quite frankly - it`s kind of a bummer they just didn`t send me a new machine out after they initially sent me the wrong part. I`d have to refer to GH`s experience with Karcher and say from the customers perspective that is the better way to handle this situation.

Keep this in mind folks when buying a pressure washer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`d get hold of that guy and:

- Ask (firmly ) about just getting it replaced
    - OR at least ask for copies of the FSM with info on doing the repair

Gee, comparing this to my recent Customer Service interaction with the steamer guys at Daimer it`s like night-and-day, and that steamer is over a decade out of warranty! Sigh...unfortunately this sounds like what I went through with the Karchers, and is why I`m currently all about cheapie pws that I can just consider disposables.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had great luck with my AR Blue and very quick response from their customer service. I wouldn`t replace the part either. They should send you a new working PW that does not leak. Send them a curtly worded email and demand a replacement. I bought mine through Amazon. If you don`t get satisfaction from AR I would contact the seller. I am happy with my AR Blue but I expect it to have a problem in the future. I read reviews on every type of consumer grade PW I could find and all of them have problems and bad reviews. If you try to find a "perfect" one you probably will never buy one.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    .. I am happy with my AR Blue but I expect it to have a problem in the future. I read reviews on every type of consumer grade PW I could find and all of them have problems and bad reviews. If you try to find a "perfect" one you probably will never buy one.
    I`m right there with ya on the "expect it to have a problem in the future"...at this point I`ll probably just replace it unless the fix is really simple.

And I was indeed paralyzed by the analysis...then Accumulatorette got me that cheapie and it`s all been good
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After reading about these different electric PW and the nightmares y`all are having with the different brands that have been mentioned, does anyone have a particular brand that they are willing to recommend(in a reasonable price range)? I will be using it for mostly around the house stuff, washing concrete sidewalks and siding. Not for commercial use.
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neverenuff View Post
    After reading about these different electric PW and the nightmares y`all are having with the different brands that have been mentioned, does anyone have a particular brand that they are willing to recommend(in a reasonable price range)? I will be using it for mostly around the house stuff, washing concrete sidewalks and siding. Not for commercial use.
    Jay
    For sidewalks and siding you will want gas as electric isn`t strong enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information