Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric pressure washer

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Well, my Karcher finally died...

After some research, I decided to go with an AR this time:

Because I like how the cord and hose roll up... Also, no special adapters needed for foam cannon.

Supposedly the best electric consumer model they make...

We will see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I`ve got the same one. Been using it now for 5 months or so. Works like a charm. I somehow tore up an o-ring and contacted AR and they sent me a complete o-ring set free of charge. Great customer service. I also bought the 3 year warranty from Amazon just to be on the safe side.

Post Thanks / Like

Damaged o-rings are very common on pressure washers, according to those who wash with them all day every day. Probably second on the list would be clogged nozzles due to Teflon tape`s coming loose.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Electric pressure washer

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I`ve got the same one. Been using it now for 5 months or so. Works like a charm. I somehow tore up an o-ring and contacted AR and they sent me a complete o-ring set free of charge. Great customer service. I also bought the 3 year warranty from Amazon just to be on the safe side.
    Just got mine. Will use it later today for the first time.

I like that the hose is fed through the roller and you can roll it up without disconnecting the back (unlike the Ryobis)

Also good cord storage:

Oddly enough, mine came with extra o rings:

Likes Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, used this machine. It works great. Impressive. Seems a step above the old Karcher the metal wand.

The roll up hose isn`t all that. It`s still takes time to roll and unroll the hose. But it`s better than trying to roll it up with your palm and elbow in the driveway. The hose is similar to the Karcher pro hose - not their entry level hose.

So, if anyone wants these old Karcher hoses (2 here) and lances and lives near me - you can come get them for free (19525). I`m not shipping them, but will give them to someone for nothing.

Likes Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Would you say your new washer is louder, quieter, or emits about the same noise as your old Karcher?
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

About the same amount of noise.
    Likes HG Auto Detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OK. The AR Blue machine now leaks from the plastic garden hose intake. Went round and round with AR, was told I had something assembled wrong, etc...

Prolly used the machine 5x.

Anyway, AR is supposedly sending me a new machine. We will see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Swanicyouth- Not leaking somewhere you could easily DIY a fix I gather..mine`s still doing OK but I suspect its (extended) hose is gonna spring a leak one of these days...I`ve already replaced it once.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Swanicyouth- Not leaking somewhere you could easily DIY a fix I gather..mine`s still doing OK but I suspect its (extended) hose is gonna spring a leak one of these days...I`ve already replaced it once.
    Oh, I can easily DIY fix it. But, it`s under warranty - so they say they are sending me a new machine. So, I`ll guess I`ll have two.

They don`t seem to want the other one back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Oh, I can easily DIY fix it. But, it`s under warranty - so they say they are sending me a new machine. So, I`ll guess I`ll have two.

They don`t seem to want the other one back.
    Went throuh this with Karcher a year ago, they don`t want them back. Ended up with three machines, two working and one I fixed. All 3 going strong as of a couple of days ago.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh, Swanicyouth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That plastic garden hose intake looks like a weak spot to me. It won`t surprise me if mine starts leaking there too or if it breaks. That`s why I went for the 3 year warranty. None of the consumer grade PWs seem to last too very long.

Post Thanks / Like

Swanicyouth- Ah, yeah...DIY a fix for the one and have it as a backup.

rlmccarty2000- Yeah, I`m utterly amazed that my cheapie AR is still OK! It`s lasted a lot longer than my pricier Karchers.

Post Thanks / Like

Electric pressure washer

Well, AR sent me a "part" for my pressure washer that is not the problem. So, since it seems very confusing to AR Blue what & where the leak is, I am linking them to this post/pics

First, this is what they sent me... When they said they were going to "send me another one" - I assumed it was a new pressure washer. But, no they sent me this:

The actual leak is here. If you look close - you will seen there is a crack in the piece:

After several emails with AR Blue (I thought I explained it correctly initially) - I sent them this today and linked this post. I understand people prolly assemble these things wrong, but mine was not and that is not the issue.

Hopefully this will clear it up???

This is the email I sent them after receiving the above chrome part in the mail. Is this clear enough - or do you think I am to vague?

Email to AR Blue:

Dear AR Blue:

"I received the part from AR you sent me. Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it`s not going to help...

As I mentioned in my original email and my last email, the metal piece (garden hose adapter) is not the problem. The problem is the black plastic spout/"power washer inlet" (power washer inlet in instruction manual - part "a") that is leaking.

The piece (power washer inlet - "part "a") has a fine crack in it. The piece does not seem removable from the pressure washer without disassembly. I don`t know how it got a fine crack in it - likely a manufacturing defect. I`m guessing you have to replace the machine to fix it - but I don`t want to disassemble the machine to see for sure, since it`s under warranty.

However, if that piece is replaceable with disassembly, I am more than fine with you just sending it to me and having me replace it with some type of instructions. I`m not looking for a free machine - I`m just looking for the AR I have not to leak.

I just want to tell you, I am familiar with pressure washers and had an electric Karcher for 6 years I used with various hose adapters weekly for auto detailing, etc.. with no issues or leaks. The only reason I am telling you this is because I am trying to assure you, I don`t have the metal piece on backwards (garden hose adapter "j"), haven`t stripped any threads, and leak is not coming from the garden hose connection or the garden hose adapter - it`s coming from the crack in piece "a" (power washer inlet)

For whatever reason, there was some confusion, so I`m going to restate some things:

1. The machine was assembled correctly per the exact directions in the instruction manual.

2. The metal piece you sent me ("garden hose adapter" & "j" in the instruction manual) was not installed backwards, not leaking, not stripped, and not the problem.

3. The problem is "power washer inlet ("a" in the instruction manual) has a fine crack in it and is leaking.

I will attach a pic of the exact (precise) are where the machine is leaking. I doubt you will actually be able to see the pic, because for whatever reason - that is how these things seem to go via email.

Please send me a fax # or a text message phone # where I can send the pic to if it is necessary.

Also, I will enclose a link to a post I made on Autopia (auto detailing forum) with a post and pic showing the leak - so just click the link to see below.

Electric pressure washer

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

If TapaTalk link doesn`t work:

Electric pressure washer

If that link doesn`t work:

Simply Google "Autopia", click on on forums, and search "AR pressure washer". Then look at the lasts few posts. I am "swanicyouth" and you will be able to see my photos - I`ve checked it on 3 computers.

Thanks for your patience."

Swanicyouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming they are going to send you a replacement part like-for-like, instead of the downtime or the fact that that part can be better if it was metal, why not just take the cover off, remove the nipple stub to confirm the setup.....and just replace it with what looks to be 1/2 male pipe, and then put a 1/2-GH adapter on it....all in metal ?

Could be M22 thread pitch as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Assuming they are going to send you a replacement part like-for-like, instead of the downtime or the fact that that part can be better if it was metal, why not just take the cover off, remove the GH adapter to confirm the setup.....and just replace it with what looks to be 1/2 male pipe, and then put a 1/2-GH adapter on it....all in metal ?

It could also be a M22 thread.
    Because I am sure that would void the warranty. And, I`m also guessing the black plastic threaded piece is part of a much larger piece behind the grey cladding on the machine

Again, I could prolly DIY fix this. But I paid for a new machine with a warranty and don`t want the expense or headache of messing with it.

We will see what becomes of this
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information