Post Thanks / Like

Hopeless cause...

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to slow or help prevent road rash on the front plastic bumper of my EDC, or am I just going to have to live with it.
    I realize I could have it repainted, but the car is a 2014, and unfortunately black.
    Chip repair would not be a viable option considering it`s an EDC and the amount of pitting.
    Could something have helped prevent this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hopeless cause...

xpel to prevent

dr color chip to hide what ya got now
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

or wait for while and get a repaint this winter up north was very bad. Also the lack of money in budgets from snow removal has led many towns and states to forgo street sweeping to save money so the sand is brutal if you or the car in front of you gets slightly out of the normal tire path.

Post Thanks / Like

My city uses a lot of sand up north here also. I still have a pile at the end of my driveway.
    Getting behind a salt truck never helps either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    or wait for while and get a repaint this winter up north was very bad. Also the lack of money in budgets from snow removal has led many towns and states to forgo street sweeping to save money so the sand is brutal if you or the car in front of you gets slightly out of the normal tire path.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinesoup View Post
    My city uses a lot of sand up north here also. I still have a pile at the end of my driveway.
    Getting behind a salt truck never helps either.

Lots of cities/towns up north stopped using sand. It was deemed to be a pollutant.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Lots of cities/towns up north stopped using sand. It was deemed to be a pollutant.

I`d settle for the pollutant here. My jurisdiction uses real fine ground stone, like they use in tar/chip. Talk about rock chips. Then I live down the hill from a fire station so they put it down double thick.

Post Thanks / Like

I had some `under bumper` scrapes (bad rash) that was pretty bad. I presume the (previous owner) victim of parking curb or off road damage. The scrapes were deep enough so I thought I`d need some kind of (spot) putty or bondo before painting, but wasn`t sure what would stick to the plastic. Try not to laugh, but I ended up spray painting with Plasti-dip. It turned out well and has held up really well. I did rub it too hard in a spot once when washing that removed a little, but a spot respray made it invisible. It may not be an option for you but here`s my write up:
    Below bumper damage

Although it would likely not prevent future rash, it would be an easily repairable rubberized layer of protection that can be removed if/when desired. And if it doesn`t look good or hold up well enough, you just peel it off!

Thread Information