Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless washing questions for long time users and everyone else ...

A pressurized sprayer for the rinseless wash works well for me. Got a 2-gallon one made for spraying lawn chemicals, which is a bit larger than I probably should`ve bought but isn`t too awful big. Also have a bucket of the IUDJ so I can get my MFs really saturated with it, second bucket for the used ones.

Gee, I sure do have a lot of buckets, over half a dozen, but I can imagine even adding two more (redundant pair for the IUDJ) as having a setup on each side of the washbay is very convenient.

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washing questions for long time users and everyone else ...

I think there`s ways to make rinseless washes very versatile. Usually my cars aren`t dirty enough to foam gun before rinse less but I will do it occasionally. Using the atomizer as a drying aid also works very well. I`ll throw some UWW in there then give the panel a quick spritz before drying.

Post Thanks / Like

Been doing rinseless washes since almost day one when ONR was first released. Always give the car a quick pressure wash when it is really dirty and only do rinseless washes during the warm months and traditional washes in the winter (garage has a drain and never gets below 42`)--just couldn`t imagine doing a rinseless with all the winter crud. Have switched to Ultima WW+ as I find it to have much more lubricity and leaves behind a nice glow. I have tried everything possible as wash media over the years from individual MF, wool mitts, grout sponges, MF covered sponges, MF mitts etc and found a combination of two to work the best.

This MF mitt is very soft and has fibers about 1/4-3/8 inch long. I remove the stitching that creates the finger pockets and insert a grout sponge into the mitt. This allows me to control the amount of rinseless mix I use (more when it`s dirtier, less when not so dirty), keep the pressure on the paint very light and they are inexpensive enough that you can use 3-4 per car wash then remove the sponge and wash them all. Really works great and I find I can go a couple of years before needing to repolish.

"If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Been doing rinseless washes since almost day one when ONR was first released. Always give the car a quick pressure wash when it is really dirty and only do rinseless washes during the warm months and traditional washes in the winter (garage has a drain and never gets below 42`)--just couldn`t imagine doing a rinseless with all the winter crud. Have switched to Ultima WW+ as I find it to have much more lubricity and leaves behind a nice glow. I have tried everything possible as wash media over the years from individual MF, wool mitts, grout sponges, MF covered sponges, MF mitts etc and found a combination of two to work the best.

This MF mitt is very soft and has fibers about 1/4-3/8 inch long. I remove the stitching that creates the finger pockets and insert a grout sponge into the mitt. This allows me to control the amount of rinseless mix I use (more when it`s dirtier, less when not so dirty), keep the pressure on the paint very light and they are inexpensive enough that you can use 3-4 per car wash then remove the sponge and wash them all. Really works great and I find I can go a couple of years before needing to repolish.

I trust your judgement, but that nap seems way too short to just need 3 or 4 per wash. I use about 20 towels when I do Gary Dean method, and my car`s a coupe. But, 2 years before needing a polish speaks for itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    I trust your judgement, but that nap seems way too short to just need 3 or 4 per wash. I use about 20 towels when I do Gary Dean method, and my car`s a coupe. But, 2 years before needing a polish speaks for itself.
    I guess you could use many, many separate towels....but I find I can rinse mine and keep on going just fine. When you think of it, if you were doing a wet wash, would you need to use multiple wash mitts? You just need sufficient lubricity so the grime just falls off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    I guess you could use many, many separate towels....but I find I can rinse mine and keep on going just fine. When you think of it, if you were doing a wet wash, would you need to use multiple wash mitts? You just need sufficient lubricity so the grime just falls off.
    Yes! I use 6 or so mitts during a 2BW. It`s probably overkill, because I often retire a mitt to the bucket before I can detect that it has debris in it.

Multiple mitts and towels just goes along with: "it`s easier to do laundry than polish paint".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    With a grout sponge in the mitt it makes it very easy to rinse the mitt from the "inside out" by loading the grout sponge with rinseless solution and then squeezing and to rub it across the grit guard.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information