Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dreaming of fall.......

Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark View Post
    Easy for you to say. In the winter you aren`t ONR washing vehicles in a cramped garage with a salamander heater on while it`s 18 degrees outside.
    No we don`t. But we do ONR washing of vehicles in a cramped garage with salamanders running around while it`s 90+ degrees outside.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rottenII View Post
    Stone crabs? Is that the bada$$ version of a Fla STD?
    Only in the villages........................

But for the rest of FL, it`s special crab claws that are INCREDIBLE, and will slice up your hands like shredded wheat if not careful.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you guys in the north pay for heat, but a July or August electric bill down here can run me over $400. That really eats into my wax and QD funds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Not sure what you guys in the north pay for heat, but a July or August electric bill down here can run me over $400. That really eats into my wax and QD funds.
    Electric bills are a killer whether U are running A/C or heat. Lucky for my area we have natural gas for heating so my ave bill I the coldest months was under $200.00. Much better than those that are stuck using propane/heating oil or electric.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rottenII View Post
    Electric bills are a killer whether U are running A/C or heat. Lucky for my area we have natural gas for heating so my ave bill I the coldest months was under $200.00. Much better than those that are stuck using propane/heating oil or electric.
    I have natural gas (see attached) - Lunch/dinner thread.

Too bad it`s not for heat. Most of FL uses heat pumps for heat. That gets expensive
    Likes rottenII liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have garage and its been raining every week here. I really dont want so see any rain anymore im sick of it haha just started doing correction.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn`t agree more. I absolutely loath the heat and humidity of summer. The months of june, july, and august can`t pass quick enough

Post Thanks / Like

during the 4 months of rel winter I avg 500 for heating oil plus 200 for electricity on top that. if you drag it out to the other 2 months on either end of that my total heat bill is usually 3000-3500 a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I`m gonna be the oddball here- I *like* Ohio`s four seasons, all of `em. But then, with regard to detailing, I have a climate-controlled shop. Previous one lacked A/C, learned my lesson the long, hard, hot way.

Heh heh, thinking of AZ, Accumulatorette and I spent quite a few Junes there back in the day. Yeah, it does get hot in AZ during the Summer but that lack of humidity made all the difference for us. But I can`t imagine not having A/C in the shop out there

Post Thanks / Like

Well winter can be tough here in CNY with snow, cold and SALT, but then we don`t have poisonous snakes, fire ants and/or gaters in the yard and no tropical storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, or tornado`s to deal with !!!
    Hmm, maybe winter ain`t so bad after all - LOL
    Likes rottenII liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    Well winter can be tough here in CNY with snow, cold and SALT, but then we don`t have poisonous snakes, fire ants and/or gaters in the yard and no tropical storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, or tornado`s to deal with !!!
    Hmm, maybe winter ain`t so bad after all - LOL

After living in Victor NY, as well as CT, NYC and VA, all I can say is that I prefer this:

Post Thanks / Like

Welp, we`ve had a mild weekend with morning temps in the mid 70`s, which is such a tease, because once May starts, we`re locked into 6 months of hot. Come mid June through October, the humidity monster will make it intolerable in the garage. Yep, in the same vane of the Dreaming of spring..... thread, this old fart Floridian is dreaming of Fall. Late Fall.

Winter in (this part of) Florida is blissful. Polishing paint with a sweater on. No THAT seems very far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I sure do, it has already hit 101 and going up. I was in the garage adding another coat of Collinite with sweat dripping everywhere. Of course as the saying goes "It`s a dry heat".

Dave
    I`ve been looking forward to fall since April started LOL! It`s been hot here like davidc said and it`s only going to get worse. I absolutely hate summers here where the lows only go down to the 90s...

Detailing May to October is very difficult especially when doing multi-stage paint correction. Working in the garage is just intolerable!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I`ve been looking forward to fall since April started LOL! It`s been hot here like davidc said and it`s only going to get worse. I absolutely hate summers here where the lows only go down to the 90s...

Detailing May to October is very difficult especially when doing multi-stage paint correction. Working in the garage is just intolerable!
    It gets bad here with 90+ 90%, so I can imagine 107+........

Post Thanks / Like

yep. don`t miss this at all

Post Thanks / Like

Oh c`mon....`into every life a little rain must fall` and when it gets real cold, the water just gets a little hard!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information