Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone seem the latest? The Polishing Company are now official disributors for Autopia and Sonus! Saw it last night when I checked the usual suspects for news. Should now be cheaper to buy PC pads etc, but the microfibre prices are on the high side.
    Rich Cooper - Polished Bliss®

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a shame the $ prices didn`t directly convert to £ prices, not that i was expecting anything else. Apart from the pads it all seems a bit expensive... i think i`m going to continue getting my Sonus from Autopia... look at the price of the concours towel :furious:

Post Thanks / Like
    It annoys me how most US products in the UK are "the same price" - i.e. the dollar sign just gets changed for a pound sign, but I guess by the time you`ve paid the import duty and VAT on them there`s probabably not a lot of margin left. However, I`ve always found The Polishing Company to be expensive, hence I`ve never ordered anything from them. £82 for the pro bucket - get a life! They also don`t stock the DAS pads from the look of things.

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Ben, If I thought the £82 bucket would help me to look after my car better than my 3 x 0.99p ones I`d buy it, but alas I don`t think it will! :nixweiss

All of the other prices look very expensive, I`ll continue to use Alex & Ron.

1991 Mercedes 190E 2.0 Auto Smoke Silver 64K miles

1997 Mazda MX5 1.8 Harvard Concours Condition 10K miles

2006 VW Golf MKV 1.9 TDi SE Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    An £82 bucket :think: How can a bucket cost that much money

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear, at least it is easy to order from Autopia direct! I will stick to that an my normal UK suppliers I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suasexed
    It`s a shame the $ prices didn`t directly convert to £ prices, not that i was expecting anything else. Apart from the pads it all seems a bit expensive... i think i`m going to continue getting my Sonus from Autopia... look at the price of the concours towel :furious:

even the normal MF`s - Ouch!

MF Der Wunder polishing towel green £ 12.87

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know why the prices are so high... import duty is only 3 - 6.5% on car care goods, plus VAT on the lot. Even adding highish overheads doesn`t seem to add up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be worth finding out whether autopia will still send us stuff now that we have a UK distributor!

Think I`ll stick with the UK Pakshak towels and the usual suspects in terms of products personally.

How long will TPC last if they`re flogging PC`s I wonder - if they aren`t CE approved then they`re effectively breaking the law as I understand it.
    The car detailing fanatic formerly known as AndyC

Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16, Vauxhall Vectra SRi CDTi, Renault Clio Dynamique 16v

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t see anyone paying those prices when you can order for a fraction of that and get it in 3 days from Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyC_1
    Might be worth finding out whether autopia will still send us stuff now that we have a UK distributor!

Think I`ll stick with the UK Pakshak towels and the usual suspects in terms of products personally.

How long will TPC last if they`re flogging PC`s I wonder - if they aren`t CE approved then they`re effectively breaking the law as I understand it.

They are indeed - I was on the phone to trading standards today checking this out. They are unlikely to get into trouble for it, but if a customer has an accident and sues, they will be in a whole heap of bother. Ron is doing the same. Not a risk I`d be willing to take, better to just direct people to Autopia or Autogeek for now, until CE certification is in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    PC UK (Corroy) felt that selling a non-CE approved tool was suicide, hence why he`s not doing it. In today`s "where there`s blame, there`s a claim" culture, dangerous waters IMHO.

Daft really, run it through CE, get a 3 pin plug on it etc and they`d have sold truckloads of them by now!
    The car detailing fanatic formerly known as AndyC

Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16, Vauxhall Vectra SRi CDTi, Renault Clio Dynamique 16v

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s amazing what you can actually get in the U.K. compared with just a couple of years ago. Granted, the prices seem to be on the high side, but increased exposure to high end products has to be good for "serious" detailers in the U.K. :brit

Now let me just do that order to Autopia............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDon
    Can`t see anyone paying those prices when you can order for a fraction of that and get it in 3 days from Autopia!

The PC is nearly twice the price. It`s crazy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC_1

I hope so... :sadwavey:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WX51 TXR
    Don`t know why the prices are so high... import duty is only 3 - 6.5% on car care goods, plus VAT on the lot. Even adding highish overheads doesn`t seem to add up.
    This is what I can`t work out. Take the Sonus professional bucket for example that ACC sell for for $69.95, which at todays exchange rate work out to be £38.65.

£38.65*1.065(6.5% import duty)*1.175(VAT) = £48.37

So TPC are making £34 (excluding their overheads) on a damn bucket!

Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information