Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,i know quite a few of us have one, but this is for those who dont.

look at the picture below, this was done by wdpro, who at the time was a novice with a porter cable, he used megs #83 followed be megs #80, as you can see the results speak for themselves

For those who dont know, the pc is a random orbit car polisher, it is used on your cars paint, windows, headlights, it gives amazing results safely, the machine is wonderfully easy to use and very safe for your paint, it does not get your paint hot like an orbital polisher, the pc mimicks the movement of your hand. only alot quicker, please do read up on the pc before use though

There are a few on here that have already used this guide and have there new pcs already, and i have only had good feedback about it + some excellent results

please note the clickable links

firstly go here to buy

CLICKY

you can also get cloths, wax etc + the new meguiars range from them

Here you can buy the pc polisher kit ( sonus sfx pad polisher kit), i would buy an extra backing plate ( sonus 6" backing plate), and possibly some extra 6" sfx pads, also some 4" sfx spot pads may come in handy (if buying 4" pads you need to buy a 3.5" backing plate.

The shipping will be aprox $60, but that will be very quickly delivered to you (in aprox 3 days), also whilst your at it you can use your special discount code that i will give you (pm me, i only do this as the code can often change, and pm me about import duty )

Then sit back an wait for your pc to come.

Whilst waiting for your pc you will need a 110v transformer, extension, and plug, this can be bought from screwfix (clickable links in yellow below)

Transformer £34.99 Heres an alternative if screwfix is out of stock CLICKY

Extension £9.99

Plug £1.20

plus you get free shipping

When your pc comes you will need to cut of the usa 2 pin plug, you then need to put on the new plug (as above), american black is live, and white is neutral, there is no earth as the cable is double insulated, this is a very easy 2 minute job,so dont worry if you are at all woried about wiring please leave it to an expert, a usefull guide here by one of our members CLICKY

Then you will need to buy yourself some polish/swirl remover, i personally chose meguiars #80 for general swirl removing (known as speed glaze), and #83 (known as dual action polish "DACP") for problem areas (be cautious with this as it has a strong cutting action)but im now quite liking the Menzerna range, especially on hard VW paint, you dont need special waxes etc, as you can use your ordinary polishes with the machine, but there are plenty of products out there to use, and different paint works better with different polishes, if your unsure ask on the forum.

you should really also use some microfibre wipes to remove these products, these can be bought from various places, try HERE for microfibres and polishes etc

Then you will need to do a bit of research on this forum

you also should view this site http://bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=47 clicky for a full write up on the pc and its use.

Here is a online video of the PC in action Clicky

Here CLICKY you will find a DVD that you can watch at home

pics of the machine and pads

i hope this helps, please do a bit of research on the links, if you have any questions please feel free to pm me, I Will talk anyone through the buying process, or applying process

a coulpe pics of mine after my first attempt with the pc, i used

1. NXT Wash

2. clay bar

3. meguiars #83 DACP on an orange sonus pad

4. meguiars #80 speed glaze on green sonus pad

5. meguiars NXT tech wax.

Another example of a friends vectra, half polished, half un polished (megs #83 then megs #80)

And a VW g60 with hard paint and 16 years old, polsihed with menzerna IP, menzerna final polish 2, and sealed with menzerna FMJ

from this

to this

And my asbo after some #80 and topped of with some glanz wax (Just so you can see that it can be used on a new car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Took the plunge and ordered my PC + the SFX kit and the 3 stage sonus polish on offer :2thumbs: Cheers to 182_blue for the help much appreciated :woohoo: :xyxthumbs
    1994 R33 Nissan SKyline GtS-T Type M Active-LSD Specification :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    hehe, good news, let us know when you get it, and post up some piccys

Post Thanks / Like
    Got all my transformer stuff and plugs from Screwfix today and the PC has left the US so hopefully soon

Post Thanks / Like
    ;-) , glad its all working out

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your advice Blue, it`s greatly apreciated. I`ve put in an order with Autopia and the various bits and bobs from screwfix... can`t wait to get using it!

Post Thanks / Like
    no problems folks, please do post pics of your cars

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in the process of getting rid of the swirls on the liner at the mo :waxing: :2thumbs: hardest part is trying to see the polish hazing on the white surface but enjoying getting to grips with the PC with SFX-1 and the yellow pad working a treat :spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, i got mine first thing this morning! Just 3 days it took! I think i`ll order my future products from here too. Even with USA-UK shipping, the stuff works out cheaper!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suasexed
    Wow, i got mine first thing this morning! Just 3 days it took! I think i`ll order my future products from here too. Even with USA-UK shipping, the stuff works out cheaper!!

Did you get charged any import duty?

Ta

Post Thanks / Like
    how much did the shipping cost you in Pounds ?

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s all great, but I orderd a Cyclo instead, It`s 220V and is CE approved. And I can get it serviced locally, the warranty works here too. It was about 300 US$

Post Thanks / Like
    When I did my order for a PC and other bits shipping was 72 dollars.

PC and SFX kit, DAS Pad Kit, Spot Pad set, Cloths and QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by badgera
    Did you get charged any import duty?

Ta

Nope! If the package is stated under a certain value, you`ll occur no custom fees. When ordering, in the comments section i put this...

"One of the members at the Autopia forums said you can reduce or remove any chance of custom charges, if the package is labeled correctly. If you could do something similar that`d be very much appreciated!"

The package was labeled to the value of $50, so it must have worked!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm
    how much did the shipping cost you in Pounds ?

For just a Porter Cable your looking at £25, very reasonable considering it only took 3 days (i was quoted 5-7 days).

It was only 80p more to add a set of pads!

Also notice if you buy the PC + Sonus pad kits, it works out more expensive, than if you buy them seperately.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information