Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark77
    That`s all great, but I orderd a Cyclo instead, It`s 220V and is CE approved. And I can get it serviced locally, the warranty works here too. It was about 300 US$

Yes, but we`re talking about the UK here

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s not got a 3 pin plug I doubt it`s CE approved - does it have the CE mark on it?

This is why you can`t buy a PC from Porter Cable UK - the guy there said it`s tempting as so many people want them but the cost of getting it through CE approval would, he said, outweigh the potential income for him.

And from memory the Cyclo copy over here retails at around £180 via autosmart.

Sorry, just realised I weed on your fire there - no offence meant!
    The car detailing fanatic formerly known as AndyC

Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16, Vauxhall Vectra SRi CDTi, Renault Clio Dynamique 16v

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just meant that you can get a better polisher than the PC (according to some members here) that actually works here in Europe. I asked Autosmart what they would charge for the Cyclo and they told me, 550€

So I orderd the same polisher from the States(and yes it`s got a 3 pin plug, even the same one we use here in Finland, and it is CE approved, got the mark there). There are many copies sold here of it also, but the Cyclo is so much quieter and better balanced than the 10x cheaper copies. I`m very happy with it :spot

Post Thanks / Like
    i still would get the pc, and whilst there i would get some other stuff which is half the uk cost, this makes up for the shipping etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes silly money in the UK for a Cyclo, that price you were quoted mark was suggested retail, they will bring the price down, and an Autosmart seller told me the best he could do an authentic Cyclo for was 220.00, then I would have to buy pads etc. I bought my Cyclo from the states with a box full of spare pads (over 20 pairs of them) and it came to around 200.00 inc shipping etc. That may not sound too cheap, but actually to buy those pads alone (which you can`t because they only have one type at Autosmart) would have cost me 30 - 40 quid more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Axe, how are you getting on with the Cyclo? I`ve been considering getting one. Where did you get it - was it Winners Cirlce by any chance? Seem to remember someone getting one from there.

Mark77 is correct. Cyclo do manufacture a Euro version - it`s called the `Cyclo model 5 CE`. 230v and CE approved.

Axe, did you get the 110v version?
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pugoman
    Axe, how are you getting on with the Cyclo? I`ve been considering getting one. Where did you get it - was it Winners Cirlce by any chance? Seem to remember someone getting one from there.

Mark77 is correct. Cyclo do manufacture a Euro version - it`s called the `Cyclo model 5 CE`. 230v and CE approved.

Axe, did you get the 110v version?

Hi PugoMan,

yeah its good, not as versatile as the PC as it doesn`t go into the smaller corners quite so well. I do have the 110v version, and therein lies the problem. 110v would ordinarily be enough in the states to use this machine. However, in the UK because I have to go through a transformer the power is somewhat reduced, and I find I can bind the machine up with very little weight pressure. Accumulator will tell you that there is NO way you can bind this shiny wonder up in the states, so I am not sure it was the wisest move to buy from the US. It might be a better idea to pay more and buy the 230/240V one in the UK or from the US, then you would have the device at its full potential. It is a very good machine though, however if you have a PC (and I know you do) then I would probably say you don`t need the CYCLO, blasphemy to some but that is my opinion.

I think it was winners circle, but you need to be careful, I had to pay import duty and VAT so it cost me quite a bit more. Make sure they will label the box appropriately for you if they want you to buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm... think I`ll stick with the PC and 9227 for the time being.
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Been thinking about ordering a PC for some time. Well now is the time! lol Are we still able to use the special discount code?

Was looking at buying the PC with the sonus pad kit. Is there anything else i should buy which are not available in the UK which i could make use of?

At the moment i have:

Megs GC wash

Megs NXT wax

Megs clay and QD

AG wash

AG Polish

AG sealent

Microfibre towels

Woolen washmitt

The megs stuff in the US look considerably cheaper, so think i mat get some #80 and some sonus wonderwash for the pads and towels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Been thinking about ordering a PC for some time. Well now is the time! lol Are we still able to use the special discount code?

Was looking at buying the PC with the sonus pad kit. Is there anything else i should buy which are not available in the UK which i could make use of?

At the moment i have:

Megs GC wash

Megs NXT wax

Megs clay and QD

AG wash

AG Polish

AG sealent

Microfibre towels

Woolen washmitt

The megs stuff in the US look considerably cheaper, so think i mat get some #80 and some sonus wonderwash for the pads and towels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah order some AIO, the larger bottle if you can afford it, and maybe a small bottle of SG to go with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah order some AIO, the larger bottle if you can afford it, and maybe a small bottle of SG to go with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe

Have done! Thanks! Along with another £60 worth of products! This is too addictive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe

Have done! Thanks! Along with another £60 worth of products! This is too addictive

Post Thanks / Like
    you got pm tonyz

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information