Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed, didnt make it easy for themselves.

Managed to do wheels and arches on the 306, and wash it on sat before it rained again. 205 is trashed tho

Post Thanks / Like
    Too true Rich!

Looks like I`ve got a busy weekend coming up - mine needs sorting (hopefully picking up Megs cordless polisher this wk), my girlfriend`s Ka needs some TLC (although I`m hanging fire til she gets the dent uin the rear 1/4 sorted) and her boss wants his Merc ML looked at - gulp! only ever done family`s cars before now so this is a real challange for me.

We had heavy rain near enough non-stop all weekend so no chance of getting near the car anyway. I did give it a quick wash & QS Thursday afternoon so not so bad I guess!
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Renault Laguna dCi120 Expression

Ford Ka3

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tnoy66

Lowejackson, as this thread is getting a bit long now, is it possible for you to edit the opening message with all the latest info of what to get where? There are several new links spread over the 5 pages.

I`m not saying update all time with latest offers, just the basics of products `XYZ` available from `ABC`. It would save looking through the thread repeatedly and possibly missing something.
    Lowejackson, you can click the "edit" button in your first post and edit it to include all the other good sources/vendors that have been suggested in this thread. I think tnoy66`s right that having most of the vendors "up front" would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I have updated the front page, if I have missed anything let me know.

It is probably a good idea to write a thread on getting a PC into the UK and how to make it work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks LoweJ, just a small point with the Mezerna link: I`ve tried e-mailing twice & faxing to enquire about pricing & availability, but to no avail. Looks like I`ll have to ring them but they can`t be that interested in business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lowejackson

OK, I have updated the front page, if I have missed anything let me know.

:up

It is probably a good idea to write a thread on getting a PC into the UK and how to make it work.

I will volunteer.............

...... AndyC for that, as he`s announced to the world that he`s getting a PC

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by vindaloo

Thanks LoweJ, just a small point with the Mezerna link: I`ve tried e-mailing twice & faxing to enquire about pricing & availability, but to no avail. Looks like I`ll have to ring them but they can`t be that interested in business.

I should be able to supply more information shortly. I also tried phoning but could not speak to Andy (the boss?), anyway, I received an email from him on Friday so now I can start to ask the questions about pricing etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers LoweJ re Mezerna (let me know)

If I get time I`l right a piece on the PC as I bought mine from Coastal about 6 months ago & have used it several times now

Post Thanks / Like
    How have you connected it and to what transformer?

Post Thanks / Like
    plugs directly (2-pin USA) to my Newmarket 1KVA tranny

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like your the perfect person to write the article

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have time to give it a go tomorrow, I`ll try & pull out my invoices with all my costs for duty postage etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you require any help, just shout. I lost my invoices during a cleanup moment, actually after watching that how clean is your house on ITV or C4.

I took the easy way and cut off the mains plug and rewired into a 110v (industrial) plug which goes into the 3Kv transformer. Took about 5 mins to do. Took hours to find out which colour is which for USA wiring

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I missed you Steven! Been a bit busy.

You`re right, PC arrived today (Alex also has one). We`ve also ordered 1 KVA transformer from Newmarket plus backing plate from Megs.

I already have a load of pads from Megs which I bought for my cordless Megs polisher which had to be returned as the batteries wouldn`t hold a charge.

Should be picking it all up from Alex next week but my daughter`s spending the Xmas week with me & GF so car cleaning will have to wait til she goes home. Will play with PC and put something together for you guys if you want.

Seeing as the UK Autopia movement seems to be growing rapidly, how`s about a meet some time next year? Somewhere central would be good as we seem to be from all over the place so anyone got any ideas for a venue?
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Renault Laguna dCi120 Expression

Ford Ka3

Malta.....and studying in Cheltenham in the UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    cheltenham! nice town, couple members from around here...would be cool to meet

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information