Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim - whereabouts do you get the APC+ for £8 for a gallon I think I might have to get some of that :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Slightly out on my price, I`m afraid but still not too bad at about £11 odd. Available from 3 places take your pick, delivery costs might be the decider here:-

http://www.autotag.co.uk/acatalog/Au...guiars_16.html

www.extremecarcare.co.uk

& also available from Alex @ Serious Performance (recommended)

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    How do the PakShak & Oz MF`s compare with Megs UW then? I`m gradually building up a large quantity of MF`s but only have a single UW. I`m really keen on finding the best MF around but would agree that those I`ve got here so far have been less impressive then the UW.
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Renault Laguna dCi120 Expression

Ford Ka3

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d also be interested in people`s views on UK wheel cleaners. Iseem to have started using A LOT since getting onto Autopia - maybe it`s the "doing it properly" thing but I reckon that £ for £ it`s wheel cleaner which actually costs me the most dosh.

I bought the larger sized GC shampoo, although pricey at £14 odd it has lasted me about 5 months so far with about 1/3 left so not bad. I use Hot Rims at present but am going through it too fast and am considering buying bulk but not sure what`s the best bet - any suggestions as I need something easily available OR in bulk so I can dispense and make it last.

Thanks in advance
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Ford Ka3

Post Thanks / Like
    Andy C

The MF`s I have from OZ & Pakshak are leagues ahead & less than half the price of Meg MF, no comparison! Both companies are great to deal with & Ranney at Pakshak makes sure that you don`t pay duty (ask for Autopia discount as well)

Wheel cleaners are personal choice, if you want the kindest & most effective then buy P21S from Iauto, he does a 1 litre refill which you can use in any spray head bottle. Not cheap but effective & kind to your wheels.

The GC class shampoo is great value in the large size & I like it. The A1 from Iauto is probably better, you get a lot less but it is highly concentrated

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Jim

Andy - sounds like you are using an awful lot of wheel cleaning products! I personally only ever use them when I cannot shift dirt with regular shampoo, however I rarely have this problem.

I believe that regularly using a wheel cleaner is not only bad for the finish, but unecessary. It also means you need to re-apply a sealant wax every time you use a wheel cleaner (because it will strip any wax already on there).

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree entirely Nick - my main problem is that the Laguna is my co car and has just hit 40k since Sept 03 so as fast as I can get it clean it`s back to square 1 again. I`ve had no real problems with wheel condition since switching away from Wonder Wheels which not only corroded the brake calipers but took the paint straight off the centre cap which covers the bolts! That said, I`ve found the GC shampoo it very good at shifting grime and as you quite rightly say it doesn`t strip any wax or sealant from the wheel.

Will get an order off to Pakshak soonest!
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Ford Ka3

Post Thanks / Like
    40K since Sep2003!!!

That must be a world record at over 4K a week, crikey!!

Maybe you mean Sept 2002?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops! you`re quite right - Sept 19 2002 delivery date.
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Ford Ka3

Post Thanks / Like
    Super Resin and a few coats of Extra Gloss should keep your wheels looking good and easy to clean.

Dont forget Autopia will now ship to the UK. So if you want some super duper towels, they can now be shipped to Blightly.

Malta.....and studying in Cheltenham in the UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey lowe, where would the best place be for me to buy some detailing towels and MF`s ? at a decent price pls...

Post Thanks / Like
    Halfords sell reasonable MF for heavy duty stuff like engines. The Pound and similar discount places sell a range of towels, some good some poor. I am sure Alex sells towels but you would have to check out the details. I would avoid the stuff from ASDA or Tescos as these are overpriced thin items which are useless.

The best thing I can think of is to look in local stores.

Malta.....and studying in Cheltenham in the UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, we have a poundsavers here in cheltenham, will check it out...do u know if the 100% cotton towels in marks and spencer are any good? or anywhere else that sell good cotton towels for non extortionate rates?

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the thich Vileda MF towel`s from homebase (the ones that are used to polish wooden floor`s) and they are great for my wheel`s and in the engine bay.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Alex does sell MF`s and I`ve bought a few from him. Better than £ shop efforts certainly but UW still softer. See his website for prices etc.
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Ford Ka3

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information