Post Thanks / Like
    i might get slated for this, but recently ive been hearing about more and more people using supermarket brands to get the same results as the likes of meg`s APC etc. theres `daisy` which is tesco`s own brand, but since i dont live near one, can anyone recommend another brand?
    The man who constantly strives for perfection, knows that there never is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually like ZEP Heavy Duty Citrus Degreaser, which can be purchased from Home Depot. It works quite well and smells good.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man, glad to know I`m not the only one looking for less expensive brands. Unotrunately, we don`t have home depot over here so will have to settle fo something else.
    The man who constantly strives for perfection, knows that there never is.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is for cost savings, you really just cannot beat Meg`s APC+ in my opinion.

A gallon for $14 or less and you can use it forever with the popular dilutions being 10:1 and 4:1.

Plus - it is good for just about everything. That`s where the real cost savings is at. It isn`t a harsh degreaser, so it can be used on interiors. Yet it isn`t so soft, that it can`t be used as a degreaser.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars APC is great as stated above it can be stretched a very long ways. It is a wee bit more expensive out here in Hawaii but look at it this way:

1 Gallon A 10:1 = 10 Gallons (1280 oz`s) of APC you are only paying about 1 cent per oz

even at a 6:1 Ratio = 6 Gallons (768 oz`s) of APC and it`s still just under 2 cents per oz.

You can try what was stated above:

Zep or you can go to walmart and pick up a Gallon of Purple Power from walmart for about $10 and still dilute the heck out of it but Meguiars is safe for paint and purple power is not it also takes strong dilutions from Purple Power to clean stuff like tire`s etc . . . .

I use purple power for the grunt work: tires and wheel wells etc . . . . and megs APC for interior stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys think of "simple green"?
    I`m just an average guy that takes care of my cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wn1998
    What do you guys think of "simple green"?

I don`t care for it that much. It`s sortof between an APC and a degreaser, but it`s not great at either. It`s not really very good at removing tar, engine oil, etc., but its too nasty to be trusted on paint, plastics, etc. Not to mention it stinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    megs apc+ FTW. i`ve tried other APC`s and the megs has worked excellent and been very cost efficient IME (the regular APC works well too). i`m on my 3rd gallon right now if that says anything...

Post Thanks / Like
    Castrol purple, mixed in whatever ratio works for you, never used it on interior or wheels though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you guys buy your Megs APC?

I have checked autozone but have not seen it there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by **Frank**
    Where do you guys buy your Megs APC?

I have checked autozone but have not seen it there.

they won`t carry it. you`ll most likely have to order it online or find it at a local PBE store...

How to locate a PBE Store in your hometown - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are cleaning interiors I would recommend the Meguiar`s APC + instead, it`s the orange one. If you are using it for exterior surfaces, I would use the regular Meguiar`s APC, which is green. The reason is that the APC + is designed to be low foaming, which is what you want for interiors. If you need something good to clean wheels, engines, etc. then I would use Meguiar`s Super Degreaser, it works really well for me especially on very dirty wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m finding this thread interesting as I keep thinking there must be a cheaper, but still just as good, product that I could use in place of my EFHI. I simply love the EFHI, but it gets pricey, especially now that I can`t find it in gallon/larger sizes.

Looks like I might oughta consider the Meg`s APC :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a citrus APC from Malco products, works really well and pretty affordable.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 for zep citrus ... great APC, pleasant smell, and it works wonders on everything.

Thread Information