Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    well theres the possibilty of me purchasing a black car if everything looks good in the engine department so on this occasion, the colour will have to take a back seat over a good bargain. unfortunately black shows everything and it would be appreciated if people could recommend a good "swirl masking" wax since i do not have access to a DA or rotary. anything including products from the local motor factors would be good as it will be an everyday car so concours looks will not be a priority thanks.
    The man who constantly strives for perfection, knows that there never is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wax does not hide swirls, it merely protects the paint/adds gloss depth.

You could apply Meguires #7 glaze by hand, followed by a wax to try and hide some of the defects in the paint. I would try and invest in a DA or find a good local detailer though.

Meguiar’s #7 Show Car Glaze delivers unbelievable results when applied by hand or with an orbital buffer.
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re in England, so you`ll want to check out Bilt Hamber`s Auto Balm. It`s specially formulated to do exactly what you want, fill, shine, and last a long time. It`s bit unconventional in it`s application but if you`re skilled in following directions, it works like a champ. I`m currently using it on my winter driver and it really does what it says it does.

Available from the Bilt Hamber`s website or from Rubbish Boys.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the input people, sorry but its an old habit to type "wax" as in the product that clean / protects etc, the big names in manufacturing did a good job confusing me completely forgot about the glazing before waxing so will put that on the list. also i shall look into bilt hamber, thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmw2692004
    Wax does not hide swirls, it merely protects the paint/adds gloss depth.

You could apply Meguires #7 glaze by hand, followed by a wax to try and hide some of the defects in the paint. I would try and invest in a DA or find a good local detailer though.

Meguiar’s #7 Show Car Glaze delivers unbelievable results when applied by hand or with an orbital buffer.

That`s not correct; one of the advantages of using (many) waxes as opposed to (most) sealants) - is that they fill very minor scratches. Some glazes will help in the hiding process, but "heavy" waxes, like the Collonite line, Natty`s, Blitz Wax, Meg`s #26, etc will give you some good filling results. If you don`t want to remove sratches/swirls, there are many waxes that will help you improve the look of your paint in that regard - up to an extent.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    put two layersof NXT 2.0 on it and enjoy--it will look like you spent hours prepping it. Apply frequently and you will be fine....
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    ebpcivicsi- Shame we don`t know what Kendrick Lexus used on my GMC huh? Whatever that stuff was it *really* did a good job of concealing the flaws.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    put two layersof NXT 2.0 on it and enjoy--it will look like you spent hours prepping it. Apply frequently and you will be fine....

Good call. One more reason I use this product..many clients don`t wash their vehicles properly, so it helps to hide the haze and wash induced swirls in between my full corrections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    ebpcivicsi- Shame we don`t know what Kendrick Lexus used on my GMC huh? Whatever that stuff was it *really* did a good job of concealing the flaws.

As long as you don`t get any "splatter" on anything!

I would love to know what they used though--it was amazing at hiding--tough to strip too!
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks again folks for the recommendations, will definitely try NXT as its available anywhere i go these days

Post Thanks / Like
    megs #7 is a pure glaze with no fillers so it won`t mask any swirls. autpglym SRP is very good at this however

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi

what he said ^
    Formerly carn00bie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsilver

Satin Silver beat me to it! PB Black Hole, I`d personally then top with Collinite 467S,I also hear good things about Danse Wet Glase as a great `filler` not tried it myself yet buy plan to in the New Year when I finaly work through my stock of 3Ms Impiral Hand Glaze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z5p is also designed to fill minor swirls. I find it works best when you apply a few coats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information