Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i remember seeing a picture of a black hood. id like to say off of an escalade, but im not sure. anyway, it was a before and after nxt 2.0 photograph, and the after shot had a lot fewer swirls. it hides them very well in my experience too. perhaps someone knows what i am talking about and can give us the link?

Post Thanks / Like
    give turtle wax black box a try. It dries black instead of white in scratches so they are less noticeable. I use it on my black camaro all the time and love it
    Chris, 1996 Black Camaro Z28 con muchos swirls

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    ebpcivicsi- Shame we don`t know what Kendrick Lexus used on my GMC huh? Whatever that stuff was it *really* did a good job of concealing the flaws.

I was at a `bargin` used lot recently and all the cars had the same shine to them and you could tell there was something on there that was covering things up but not what it was. The cars were way to cheap for them to have had someone spend any time doing a real cleanup on them. I`d have asked but I doubt they would have revealed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    zmanz- Yeah, wonder what those products are :think: But I will say that the stuff on the Yukon was *such* a PIA to get off that I`d think twice about putting it on anything I cared about. It`d probably give a painter fits if he had to strip it off well enough to respray.

Post Thanks / Like
    is that so??? thanx for information

Post Thanks / Like
    best concealing program...

autoglym srp or poorboys world black hole, or danase wet glaze or chemical guys ezcreme twice then an application of bit hambler autobalm and then some prima hydro spray wax...that could fill the grand canyon...however at that point it just be easier to get a pc and some m83 and achieve the same level of correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by black03mach
    ..however at that point it just be easier to get a pc and some m83 and achieve the same level of correction

Yeah, but that`s assuming the paint could stand another round of correction. I have a few vehicles that can`t take any more significant abrasion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last summer I did a black Ford Escape. I clayed , Black Hole and Natty Blue. It came out like a patent leather shoe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Yeah, but that`s assuming the paint could stand another round of correction. I have a few vehicles that can`t take any more significant abrasion.

you are correct on that assumption that i made.

so i take it you go through alot of glaze...any recommendations? :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by black03mach
    you are correct on that assumption that i made.

so i take it you go through alot of glaze...any recommendations? :2thumbs:

Fortunately I don`t have much to hide, so Autoglym SRP topped with wax works fine. IF I needed better concealing, I`d go with DWG.

I`m out-of-date on this stuff, not having tried any of the newfangled products. I`ve gone through a lot of Meguiar`s Pure Polishes (and even #9) over the years, but there`s better stuff on the market these days. IF/when I ever get those cars back into service, maybe I`ll have a better answer, but they`ve been mothballed for a while.

Sure do love how the SRP/Souveran combo looks on the Jag though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Glaze is good at filling, #7 or #3

Zymol Ebony is also good at filling

Poorboys Blackhole is pretty good

SRP is good but it does have abrasives in it so it can soften the edges as well.

Zymol HD Cleanse is also very good, possibly the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Concours
    Satin Silver beat me to it! PB Black Hole, I`d personally then top with Collinite 467S,I also hear good things about Danse Wet Glase as a great `filler` not tried it myself yet buy plan to in the New Year when I finaly work through my stock of 3Ms Impiral Hand Glaze.

I actually used this combo just last month. PBBH topped with Collinite. I had a hard time removing the Collinite. I think the black hole leaves some sort of oils behind or something. Not sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    What has recently blown my mind is how well KSG fill swirls. I was playing around with layering some stuff on the trunk of the S4. I put down 6 layers of DWG, SRP, #21 and KSG in taped off areas. The KSG filled the swirls better than anything else, by a long shot. I noticed that AutoGeek said KSG was the best swirl filler, but I thought it was just a sales pitch. I`m gonna grab some pics in the next few days to show the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    What has recently blown my mind is how well KSG fill swirls..

Huh, talk about "YMMV"! My experience was that KSG does zero concealing, and that was with many (at least six) layers of KSG :think:

In fact, I`d often wondered why it *didn`t* fill for me, what with my "it leaves a thick plasticy layer!" view of the stuff.

(Now nobody take that as some sort of :argue between yakky and me. It really is just one of those things where experiences apparently differ.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Prima Amigo followed by Prima Banana Gloss.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information