Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone here know when the UK version of the UDM will be released. I`ve had various e-mail replies from Autopia stating that it would be released in`the fall` (2007!!!) and others stating that the release date has been put back. I then received a message saying release date would be spring (2008), now just received a message stating the release date has been put back again.:angry

Should I wait or buy an alternative polisher??

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    My advice - don`t bother, buy a US version + converter, this is what I did. Even after summing up UDM price, big shipping price, and converter price I saved much money in comparison if I was buying Meguiar`s G220 Volt (which is basically the same machine as UDM).

Regarding the UDM European version - I`ve read some DavidB posts in the forum - he mentioned they probably won`t release it at all - instead they`re looking for lightweight power converter that will come together with UDM to Europeans. They are also considering integrating it into a UDM body if it will be small enough. And I`m sure, it`s price in Europe would be pretty much the same as G220`s...

Well, I`m tired of waiting for a year, I simply bought a UDM 110V + 1000W converter + 25 feet extension cord, and I`m happy to say I`ve saved some money

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the advice. As you say, I think I`ll buy a US spec model and the equipment to convert it to work in the UK.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Domas
    My advice - don`t bother, buy a US version + converter, this is what I did. Even after summing up UDM price, big shipping price, and converter price I saved much money in comparison if I was buying Meguiar`s G220 Volt (which is basically the same machine as UDM).

Regarding the UDM European version - I`ve read some DavidB posts in the forum - he mentioned they probably won`t release it at all - instead they`re looking for lightweight power converter that will come together with UDM to Europeans. They are also considering integrating it into a UDM body if it will be small enough. And I`m sure, it`s price in Europe would be pretty much the same as G220`s...

Well, I`m tired of waiting for a year, I simply bought a UDM 110V + 1000W converter + 25 feet extension cord, and I`m happy to say I`ve saved some money

Why 1000W and not 500W?? Is there a difference??
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I havent found anything between 300W and 1000W in the store (UDM is 500W)

Anyway, that "1000W" is actually "800W" (some kind of advertisement trick). So I doubt the 500W transformer would actually produce full 500 Watts, I`d better buy at least 600W or 700W if I can find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I havent found anything between 300W and 1000W in the store (UDM is 500W)

Anyway, that "1000W" is actually "800W" (some kind of advertisement trick). So I doubt the 500W transformer would actually produce full 500 Watts, I`d better buy at least 600W or 700W if I can find it.

Do you think that it is better to buy a 600W or 700W instead of 500W that i have now?is their a possibility to make my UDM works faster??(it is a cheap 500W transformer)
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pampos
    Do you think that it is better to buy a 600W or 700W instead of 500W that i have now?is their a possibility to make my UDM works faster??(it is a cheap 500W transformer)
    I don`t know... If you already have 500W transformer, try to find out somehow if it really produces the "Real" 500W, if not, I think your UDM will be less powerful and I`m not sure if smaller wattage is healthy for the motor...

You`re saying your transformer is cheap, how much did you pay for it?

Mine 1000W (actual 800W) costed $90, so not very cheap, but not expensive either (Made in China, of course ) You can also identify a better quality transformer by its weight, if it`s light, it`s crap, unless it`s 50W or so transformer. My 800W weights 9 kg (20 lbs).

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally took a G220, @ polishedbliss.co.uk webstore...
    Sébastien.

:buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebony
    I finally took a G220, @ polishedbliss.co.uk webstore...
    How much did you pay for it including shipping?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know... If you already have 500W transformer, try to find out somehow if it really produces the "Real" 500W, if not, I think your UDM will be less powerful and I`m not sure if smaller wattage is healthy for the motor...

You`re saying your transformer is cheap, how much did you pay for it?

Mine 1000W (actual 800W) costed $90, so not very cheap, but not expensive either (Made in China, of course )

OK it was very cheap ($55 Made in China).So i think I`m going to buy a 1000W for sure...
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pampos
    OK it was very cheap ($55 from China).So i think I`m going to buy a 1000W for sure...
    I wouldn`t rush so much... try to find out its real wattage, maybe it is really 500W, so you may not need to buy a new one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t rush so much... try to find out its real wattage, maybe it is really 500W, so you may not need to buy a new one.

thanks for the infos.i thought that my transformer was OK but now i have to check it for sure.

Thanks once again.:xyxthumbs
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question, as I take the opportunity to take a lot more stuff.

I took the package @ 169gbp, but got 10% off on my total order, and 20gbp of shipping.:woot2:

Package included G220, 2 LC pads of 100mm, 3 of 165mm, 3M scotch, and the backing plates.
    Sébastien.

:buffing:

Thread Information