Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

I used to frequent these forums some years ago, and purchased a PC from the AUtopia site...I bought the step down, the extension leads, the plugs etc and found myself in detailing Nirvana!:clap:

To cut a long story short, I moved to Australia and took my PC with me as well as a wide selection of polishes, sealants and waxes, knowing full well I`d buy a new car and would have to get serious on the detailing front. Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances I had to come back to the UK 2 months ago, which inevitably meant I had to sell my car, and given the amount of personal belongings I had to bring back the PC had to go with it.

So I`ve been back in the UK a while and have inevitably bought yet another car, which unsurprisingly needs the full works detailing wise(U never lose the bug!:2thumbs: )! TBH I didn`t want to have to go through the expense and hassle of importing yet another PC, so I have scrupulously been searching for a readily available genuine alternative for a while.:nervous2:

My search led me to an AEG branded random orbital which on the face of it packs just about every feature the PC does. The cheapest I could find one for was Ă‚£120 online, until a search on Ebay brought to light a chap selling brand new ones for 60 quid! Never one to pass up a bargain I clicked the Buy it now, paid the seller and the polisher arrived the following day.

I haven`t had chance to use it until today, but have been totally an utterly blown away by this thing! I used a Megs polishing pad, with some 3m machine polish I had lying around and went to work!:woohoo:

First impressions are that the polisher is lighter than the PC, and IMO I find it more comfortable to hold. I always used to use the PC without the screw in handle and hold it from the front. This AEG has a handle in this position as standard and is IMO all the better for it.

The polisher doesn`t bog under pressure and TBH seems to do everything my faithful PC did, but at a fraction of the price. It came with a 150mm velcro backing plate, so is ready to go with whatever pads you choose.

eBay.co.uk: AEG EXE 460 125mm 5" Random Orbital Sander 240V New (item 130087263353 end time 05-Apr-07 19:49:26 BST)

Easily the best Ă‚£60 I`ve ever spent and easily as good as my PC...If not better!!!:brit

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

Did the 6" flexiplate and pads fit ok.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the Bosch PEX 400 AE, readily available in the UK, much cheaper than the PC and gets the same results...

Post Thanks / Like
    ...or the Festool Rotex 150 240v - expensive but incredibly good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, new on here so thought I`d ask a question!

Has anyone tried any new RO polishers recently they could recommend?

I`m desperate to get some sort of powered polisher and am kind of stumped as to what to do (wait for UDM, import UDM/PC, get one of those AEG or Bosch ones).

Could anyone help me?

Ross

Thread Information