Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

Long time no post!

I`m in a great position. I`ve just got my car back from the bodyshop after a full respray, so I`ve got lots of lovely new paint to play with .

Because it`s a daily driver I`ve also got a set of 3M protective film from Armourfend, which I`m hoping to put on at the weekend.

I don`t want to put it on before I polish it, but I don`t want to leave it too long either, so I need to decide on the products that I`m going to use.

It`s a VW corrado in bright red, which is a base and clear coat now it`s been resprayed.

Does anyone out there have any product recomendations that will produce a deep wet-look shine on a bright red?

Stuff in my armoury at the moment includes zymol(carbon wax, HD cleanse etc) Megs (DACP, scratch X, show car glaze, synthetic sealant) Natty`s paste wax, SSR2, EX sealant with carnuba, and of course a PC!

I`ve just about got time to source anything exotic before the weekend if you think it`ll help, or of course there`s the Megs consumer range at halfords (NXT, deep crystal 1,2,3 etc), which I`m not adverse to using if it gets me the results I`m after.

I know I`m asking for a magic bullet, but I`d like to get it right-ish first time because after the 3M goes on I`m stuck with it.

Any recomendations, or advice on fitting the 3M film are greatly appreciated.

Chris
    `94 Corrado VR6

The Devil`s in the Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Right,

So thanks to the abbrasive comparison list here, I`ve ordered some #80 (4 on the scale), some deep crystal paint cleaner (2 on the scale) and some #81 professional hand polish (1 on the scale) .

That should give me all I need to give it a nice deep gloss.

Also, thanks to the lovely people at Megs UK, it`ll be here in time for the weekend. :clap:

Looking at the chart I realised that (because I`ve always been trying to tackle swirls, scratches and the like) I mainly had products in the middle of the chart (except for #7 show car glaze, which I`ve never had much luck with).

Hopefully now, my products shelf will be a bit more balanced.

Chris
    `94 Corrado VR6

The Devil`s in the Detail

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like
    My suggestion is withwhat you have: EX with sealant, wait a week and use Natty`s Ive got all three Natty`s so I would use RED. Maybe some pro polish from Poorboys ahead of the Ex. Dont know anything about Meguiars products as those that i have are the Nxt wax which is auctually a sealant. RANDAL from Exira, Iowa USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris68
    Right,

So thanks to the abbrasive comparison list here, I`ve ordered some #80 (4 on the scale), some deep crystal paint cleaner (2 on the scale) and some #81 professional hand polish (1 on the scale) .

That should give me all I need to give it a nice deep gloss.

Also, thanks to the lovely people at Megs UK, it`ll be here in time for the weekend. :clap:

Looking at the chart I realised that (because I`ve always been trying to tackle swirls, scratches and the like) I mainly had products in the middle of the chart (except for #7 show car glaze, which I`ve never had much luck with).

Hopefully now, my products shelf will be a bit more balanced.

Chris

Chris,

you should have saved your dosh and gone for the Ultima range from Autopia - I`ve used all of the other products you list, and Ultima blows them all away - worth the extra few quid.

Here on my `98 Guards Red 986 so you can get an idea of the deep colour and gloss using the PC of course.

http://www.d30-images.com/911/optima/IMG_4188.jpg

http://www.d30-images.com/911/optima/IMG_4194.jpg

http://www.d30-images.com/911/optima/IMG_4196.jpg

Click on the above links for pictures.

Chris.
    Pro Motorsports Photographer in So Cal

Thread Information