Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, im currently setting up a mobile valeting business, we will mainly be valeting prestige cars around the North West ok England, Im getting told so many diffirent things mainly by suppliers (LOL) about what is best to use and stuff, so I thought id ask you guys to see what you think. I was going to get a sealey polisher, a 2.8kv silent geny and im still not sure about what washer to get. iv only got around £500-800 to spend on a washer.

Also iv heard lots of diffirent things about what you should charge and what you can earn, Iv been told £300 a week and iv been told £2000 a week so I realy am confused about that, I understand you get out what you put in.

Any help or advice will be great guys.
    North West Valets Driect

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!! :welcome

I just saw your post and thought i would write you back a few thoughts. As for the equipment your talking about, i dont know!! Check on here or even better, choose a company that you want to supply you with gear and go there forums. Megs. UK has one, i am on there and so are many other detailers and seasonal detailers.

Are you new to cleaning?? If so then this where things get messy, you need to find a way to clean do it well, fast and profitable. Check your market, are there many cars with owners that want you to clean them??

There are many scrape and scatch places around the by the side of road that you really have to be offering something more in order to get people to call you. Will you make more money turning up a business estate and charging £10 per car clean and dry with £5 on in the inside, all done in 12 mins and do 20-30 a day. Or are you going to do two £80 cleans a day?? Which is easiest?? Which is most do-able??

In my opinion in the market its more about convincing people that you can do things better, and it really helps if you can actually show them. EG. Porsche Cayanne owner asks me why she has cuts in her paint and how they can be gone. I explain why and she is happy to pay £100 for me to remove them after i have done a panel on her car for free. However!! She isnt happy for me to come back for a £50-£100 valet every week or fortnight, not when there are 3 scrape scratches in town which will do the a wash and wax from as little as £20 or as much as £60.

I dont run a valet business, i run an IT firm but detailing is my hobbie. As such i have a few cars which always look top notch and people walk up to me at the shops and ask HOW!?!? What do you use!! I explain processes and they ask how much can you do this for?? Whats your number, i need this for a wedding....and so fourth.

I think how you market will really make a big difference, i know some guys have transists others have imported american vans and call them self "all american valet" etc.

Are you trained on the PC?? Rotary?? Do you know about sealents, polishes (pure and abrasives??) etc etc??

I think most of all that its important to love what you do, i dont like to ever use PC`s etc. Its just my way of doing things.

Write back and let us know and we can help. A few years ago they were forecasting huge oppertunties in UK car valet esp. road side jobs. Many people will tell you that is now leveling out and decreasing. But there business estates and pure good quality detailers are still an area i really belive you can make money on.

I will try to PM you a little something.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Geoff :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent cheers for help mate. appreciate it alot.

Chris
    North West Valets Driect

Thread Information