Thread: Rude Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys,

I have been approached again (last year was the first time) by a company called Rude Wax. they want me to use and sell the product but I feel it is not applicable to the kind of clients I get...I quote from the directions on the back

"Super deep wet look wax containing Carnauba Palm Wax nature`s hardest wax. Fast wipe-on wipe-off application.

Minimum exertion required to achieve a deep wet shine.

And it goes on highlighting `double entendre` sayings all the way down the bottle. Now my comments last year were it would be great aimed at the Max Power guys who would lap it up in the `late night` tents at some of their shows.

This year the sales lady has told me their client base covers many marquees especially Ferrari owners and such like.

Now we have 4 Ferrari owning clients and none of them have heard of the stuff.

Has anyone else heard or seen this product out there? If so can I get your feedback.

Cheers

Kev

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by evolutionvalet
    hey guys,

I have been approached again (last year was the first time) by a company called Rude Wax. they want me to use and sell the product but I feel it is not applicable to the kind of clients I get...I quote from the directions on the back

Cheers

Kev

Hey Kev... I`m not sure about "Rude WAX", but your rude avatar need to be changed, please. It`s not PG.

Thanks,

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Db,

Comment noted and changed..Sorry.

kev

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Kev!

Post Thanks / Like
    I found rudewax.com but it does not really go into great detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of it personally. Most of my clients aren`t interested in what I use on their cars, but personally, I wouldn`t use a product with such a naff name for fear of one of them taking an interest! At the end of the day, is it any better than the huge selection already out there?

I`ve found myself buying all these new products and if I used them in rotation I`d probably only use them once every 10 cars I`ve got so many...

Kev, you`ve obvioulsy built your business up around the use and sale of Mothers products - do you need to offer another product?

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Ben,

Very true. I am really wanting to have a recourse for when the sales lady phones me again and goes on about how well known the product is. This way I can give her facts rather than just a brush off. I prefer to base my answers this way.

Also, at present we use Mother`s but have no contractual tie with them. If we find another product with the performance then we will switch.

Our first and only contract is to our clients to ensure that the finish on their vehicle leaves them speechless. Currently, Mother`s helps us achieve this.

Cheers

Kev

Post Thanks / Like
    Have noticed on a lot of car cruise sites about Rude wax, not read anything much on how the product lasts etc, maybe a product aimed at the younger Modded car market, not sure.

But im also the same, Im getting great results off the Mothers range, so until I find a better alternative, then Im happy.

Looking at the girls you do get at the car cruise shows, I would love to try out a bit of rude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I found their website, seems to me that they`re pushing the sleazy aspect more than the actual product. There are more pictures of girls than there are of the range of products. I can`t imagine why you`d change from a product that you`re happy with for something like this. It`s not what I would consider a professional looking setup.

Thats just the opinion of a new guy who`s enjoying the site

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kev,

Here`s a "recourse" for the sales lady, politely tell her "no thank you" and leave it at that, period. You have absolutely no obligation whatsoever to explain or defend your reasons for doing your business your way to any sales person.

They`re the ones being "Rude" for pestering you incessantly.

If Mothers gives you the results that make you and your customers happy stick with it unless you decide there`s something that works better for you.

Just as an aside, I`ve usually found that the more aggressive the sales pitch is the worse the product is. Great products usually sell themselves.

As for her bit about Ferrari owners, it`s meaningless. People with really expensive cars are no more likely to understand proper finish care than anybody else. There are plenty of exotic and expensive cars out there that look awful because their owners don`t know or don`t care about maintaining them.

PC.

Thread Information