Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrome rims

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chrome rims

Quote Originally Posted by txb4z View Post
    Advance Auto Parts stocks Griot`s products. They make a good safe wheel cleaner.
    You are right. Autozone carries it out here in So Cal. Meguiar`s DUB wheel cleaner is also safe on all wheels. Be sure to read the directions on the wheel cleaner to determine if it`s safe or not.

Mothers chrome polish gets my vote if the wheels are indeed chrome. Works great and even better with a mini power ball or power cone.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    If they are new and you wash regularly, try just soap and water. You really should not need chrome wheel cleaner (usually an acid) unless they are messed up. I would suggest using all purpose cleaner or general wheel cleaner (safe for coated wheels, etc).
    What Bunky said. IMO, this applies to a LOT of wheels. I have tried Sonax and P21 and have found that WOS* wheel cleaner or highly diluted Simple Green works 90% as well, and you just make up the 10% with wiping.

*WOS = Whatever`s On Sale

p.s. Coincidentally I was following a TSX today and thought "those are just nice cars". Did you know that in Europe, what we call an Acura TSX is sold there as the Honda Accord?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    What Bunky said. IMO, this applies to a LOT of wheels. I have tried Sonax and P21 and have found that WOS* wheel cleaner or highly diluted Simple Green works 90% as well, and you just make up the 10% with wiping.

*WOS = Whatever`s On Sale

p.s. Coincidentally I was following a TSX today and thought "those are just nice cars". Did you know that in Europe, what we call an Acura TSX is sold there as the Honda Accord?
    Zep Citrus at 4:1. Can be bought at Home Depot for about $12 per gallon which comes to about $3 a gallon diluted. This is my go to APC for most wheels, tires and wheel wells. Does a super job and is cheap. If the wheel is uncoated aluminum, painted or anodized; I will still use Optimum Power Clean just to be on the safe side. For anything else - It gets the Zep.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep my rims on both my cars clean. Every chance i get to clean then, i do. after it rains and anytime brake dust starts to show. Ive never actually used polish on either set of my chrome rims. I know how but ive just never done it

Post Thanks / Like

Polishing wise, which do yall perfer?? liquid or paste??

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Griot`s Chrome wheel cleaner, but Hotwheels chrome is ok too. I even use it on chrome exhaust tips that aren`t totally disgusting as it does a really good job.

To polish, I really like the Meg`s HR chrome polish - works excellent. I coat with Jetseal 2x a year and they look great and don`t get dusty on my 2011 LaCrosse with factory chrome wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite OTC is Megs HOT rims. It works really well, but it will etch, so as already said, pull the wheels off the car and make sure they`re cool to the touch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information