Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Care made (ridiculously) easy!

It really doesn`t get any easier than this....

What you need:
    • A hose with running water
    • A clean wheel
    • CarPro Hydro2 diluted 1 part Hydro2 to 3 parts water
    • A spray bottle

Both Permanon and CarPro Hydro2 use unique technology that allows for a semi-permanent coating to attach to a subject using water as the medium. Never before has protection been this easy!

With Permanon you get a better dilution ratio. Permanon Diamond Finish retails at $225.99 per liter. When diluted at a 5% ratio, you end up with 21 liters of Permanon for $231.99 (counting for the cost of distilled water), for a cost of $11.05 per liter, VERY CHEAP. Compared to CarPro Hydro2 it doesn`t last as long (8 weeks vs. 12-14 weeks in my experience) but it is more forgiving to streaking and application.

CarPro Hydro2 comes in at $119.99 per liter and dilutes with 1:3 with water. Including the cost of water, this gives Hydro2 a more expensive price of $31.24 per liter (4 total liters). However it does last longer and seems to provide more protection as well. It is a little trickier to apply.

Easy as 1-2... well 1-2.

Starting with a clean (and wet wheel)...

In this test I used Hydro2, diluted with 3 parts water to 1 part product. To demonstrated the difference, I only sprayed the left side of the wheel.
    Step 1, spray onto wheel, into the barrels, and brake caliper.

Allow to dwell for a handful of seconds, then do step 2. Rinse (yes seriously, that`s step 2).

To demonstrate the difference, look at the left side after rinsing vs. the right side. Both sides are wet.

Just like that you can valuable protection (with Hydro2 you can except several months of protection on wheels) in just seconds. And because both products apply using water as a medium, just the act of blasting it will spread the product into areas that are very difficult to reach otherwise.

The benefits of a protected wheel are:
    • Much easier to clean
    • Much more resistant to damage caused by the iron contamination in brake dust
    • Wheels will appear shinier
    • Wheels will stay clean, longer

Because of technology, a few mists every few months are all that is needed to keep any wheel finish looking great.

*Note- Do not worry about overspray on brake rotors. The scrubbing action of the pads will clean off any coating in mere seconds. That said, I have not applied any Permanon product or CarPro Hydro2 to any vehicle with carbon-ceramic brake rotors. These rotors tend to be porous and can absorb product, proceed with caution.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel Care made (ridiculously) easy!

I`ve used hydro on about 20 cars now, always do the wheels with it too.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

application doesn`t get much easier than that. good results!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you guys been mixing for 1 time use or is it ok to mix and let it sit for awhile?

Post Thanks / Like

This is my kind of wheel care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    Have you guys been mixing for 1 time use or is it ok to mix and let it sit for awhile?

It`s best to mix per use. But you could mix up enough for a day at a time and be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    It really doesn`t get any easier than this....

What you need:
    • A hose with running water
    • A clean wheel
    • CarPro Hydro2 diluted 1 part Hydro2 to 3 parts water
    • A spray bottle

Both Permanon and CarPro Hydro2 use unique technology that allows for a semi-permanent coating to attach to a subject using water as the medium. Never before has protection been this easy!

With Permanon you get a better dilution ratio. Permanon Diamond Finish retails at $225.99 per liter. When diluted at a 5% ratio, you end up with 21 liters of Permanon for $231.99 (counting for the cost of distilled water), for a cost of $11.05 per liter, VERY CHEAP. Compared to CarPro Hydro2 it doesn`t last as long (8 weeks vs. 12-14 weeks in my experience) but it is more forgiving to streaking and application.

CarPro Hydro2 comes in at $119.99 per liter and dilutes with 1:3 with water. Including the cost of water, this gives Hydro2 a more expensive price of $31.24 per liter (4 total liters). However it does last longer and seems to provide more protection as well. It is a little trickier to apply.

Easy as 1-2... well 1-2.

Starting with a clean (and wet wheel)...

In this test I used Hydro2, diluted with 3 parts water to 1 part product. To demonstrated the difference, I only sprayed the left side of the wheel.
    Step 1, spray onto wheel, into the barrels, and brake caliper.

Allow to dwell for a handful of seconds, then do step 2. Rinse (yes seriously, that`s step 2).

To demonstrate the difference, look at the left side after rinsing vs. the right side. Both sides are wet.

Just like that you can valuable protection (with Hydro2 you can except several months of protection on wheels) in just seconds. And because both products apply using water as a medium, just the act of blasting it will spread the product into areas that are very difficult to reach otherwise.

The benefits of a protected wheel are:
    • Much easier to clean
    • Much more resistant to damage caused by the iron contamination in brake dust
    • Wheels will appear shinier
    • Wheels will stay clean, longer

Because of technology, a few mists every few months are all that is needed to keep any wheel finish looking great.

*Note- Do not worry about overspray on brake rotors. The scrubbing action of the pads will clean off any coating in mere seconds. That said, I have not applied any Permanon product or CarPro Hydro2 to any vehicle with carbon-ceramic brake rotors. These rotors tend to be porous and can absorb product, proceed with caution.
    Cool! Can you send me some?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

Thank you
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, in your OP did you mean 25% ratio? 1:3 is 25% not 5%.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd was referring to 2 different products.

Permanon was 5%.
    Hydro2 was 25%.

Post Thanks / Like

Pour 50 ml of Permanon into the spray bottle, then fill with clean water to the 32 oz mark (if no mark, then simply add four generous cups of water) for a 5% solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Todd was referring to 2 different products.

Permanon was 5%.
    Hydro2 was 25%.
    My bad...totally missed that he was discussing another product there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you use a quality trigger sprayer and a bottle that is appropriately sized to the amount of product being used (smallest bottle that will fit the total solution). The first time I used HydrO2, I used a 32 oz bottle with a crappy sprayer for 200 ml of solution, and the combination of dry and uneven sprays wasted a lot of solution, causing me to run out 3/4 of the way around the vehicle - with no backup.

Thread Information