Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Permanon @ 100% for wheels ???

I bought some permanon a while back thinking I would use it on car. Then decided to get CQ, Hydro and DP coatings (none of which I`ve used yet) So figuring I have this stuff and peoples major complaint is that it doesn`t last too long...... I figured I`d use it on my wheels.

For aircraft and marine use they say to use it full strength, for auto use they say 5%.. Well thinking what`s the differences between application %`s my mind says "friction".... So what part of a car (besides mechanical parts) gets the most friction.... Wheels (besides tires). So here it is at 100 %

I`ll see how long it lasts.

I used a crappy sprayer, probably should have used something better but since it was only 50ml I didn`t think I would get much "spray" out of anything bigger

Love how quick the wheels dried with the leaf blower.

Time will tell how long it lasts
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Permanon @ 100% for wheels ???

Does this mean I have to change my title to "Coating waster"?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a liter because it worked so well on the bmw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Bought a liter because it worked so well on the bmw.
    Your review on the bmw and Troy`s video review gave me the idea/excuse to do it

Post Thanks / Like

Ron I have played with Permanon at 5%, 10% and 50/50.

The 10% lasted longer than the 5% but no longer than the 50/50. I think this is because it does not bond to itself so the idea is to fully coat the surface and and molecules not stuck to the very cleaned prepped surface wash away. I had acquired Permanon prior to Autopia carrying the line and spike directly to the company when they did a group buy at another site. I always have more questions than the FAQ covers lol.

From what I learned any more than 10 percent is wasted. 5%!worked pretty good too and I did half my car at 5% and half at 10% and it was close but I think the beads stayed tighter at 10% over the 6 week trial. I have not had the Permanon last past 6 weeks under any circumstance. My car sits outside 24x7 and sees weekly washes by hand 8 months a year. Less often when it cold and I drive 20-25k per year easy. The areas that get hit by wind as you drive wear out first. Mirror covers, hood, nose cone and front of roof. The other areas last and wear better.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you driving a Yukon now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Ron I have played with Permanon at 5%, 10% and 50/50.

The 10% lasted longer than the 5% but no longer than the 50/50. I think this is because it does not bond to itself so the idea is to fully coat the surface and and molecules not stuck to the very cleaned prepped surface wash away. I had acquired Permanon prior to Autopia carrying the line and spike directly to the company when they did a group buy at another site. I always have more questions than the FAQ covers lol.

From what I learned any more than 10 percent is wasted. 5%!worked pretty good too and I did half my car at 5% and half at 10% and it was close but I think the beads stayed tighter at 10% over the 6 week trial. I have not had the Permanon last past 6 weeks under any circumstance. My car sits outside 24x7 and sees weekly washes by hand 8 months a year. Less often when it cold and I drive 20-25k per year easy. The areas that get hit by wind as you drive wear out first. Mirror covers, hood, nose cone and front of roof. The other areas last and wear better.
    Well, I guess it was worth a try. Wonder why they suggest 100% for aircraft/marine applications

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Are you driving a Yukon now?
    tahoe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    tahoe
    Oh, gotcha! I thought for a minute you were driving a Yukon. You don`t look like a Yukon kinda guy; and I was going to bet you $ 10 GRAND $ you would trade it before Christmas

Seeing that it is a Tahoe though ... ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Oh, gotcha! I thought for a minute you were driving a Yukon. You don`t look like a Yukon kinda guy; and I was going to bet you $ 10 GRAND $ you would trade it before Christmas

Seeing that it is a Tahoe though ... ?
    yeah, i would have wagered ron was more of a bmw x series driver, but you gotta love all that room inside the tahoe.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that one people who fly are uber loaded so let`s milk the crap out of them. Lol. Just kidding. I thought the aircraft product was a different product. I did not know they recommended 100% for airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Well, I guess it was worth a try. Wonder why they suggest 100% for aircraft/marine applications

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I think that one people who fly are uber loaded so let`s milk the crap out of them. Lol. Just kidding. I thought the aircraft product was a different product. I did not know they recommended 100% for airplanes.
    and BOAT = Bring Out Another Thousand

Post Thanks / Like

Nice idea Ron. I have been temped to try this a few times as well but due to the price have held off.

I do remember watching a few videos where a detailer in the UK was using and suggesting applying Permanon to the entire car "straight". He applied it like the new DP coating spraying and wiping it around. He said he could use under 2oz for an entire car and was getting great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Nice idea Ron. I have been temped to try this a few times as well but due to the price have held off.

I do remember watching a few videos where a detailer in the UK was using and suggesting applying Permanon to the entire car "straight". He applied it like the new DP coating spraying and wiping it around. He said he could use under 2oz for an entire car and was getting great results.

I can`t do anything with 2oz

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t do anything with 2oz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information