Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a new wheel brush. Opinions needed!

There are no perfect brushes. In the end you end up with a brush breaking or something that last a descent amount of time but just nothing works perfect. I always hoped we could kicked around ideas to design a perfect brush.
    I have Speedmaster pro and a couple of others. My solution to all my headaches. Wolf`s deironizer. Get`s all the gunk off for a good price with minimal agitation so I don`t have to be concerned with find a great wheel while dropping tons of cash knowing they will fail at some point.
    So every year on my cars wheels come off twice Spring and fall and if a client wants to pay extra the rims come off spray them down grab a brush scrub them down rinse them and coat them with two coats of CG wheel guard which really does a good job to keep brake dust baking on and all I have to do is hit them with concentrated car shampoo hit it with light power wash and apply wheel guard the best I can by hand into the barrels to keep them protected.
    It`s so much easier then chasing the unattainable perfect brush. Wolf`s is so much easier and it`s much cheaper then a collection of brushes that will fail at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set of wheel wooliest that have survived since TID sold them to me. Ture, that I only do my own cars so they do not get the same workout the Pro`s give them. If they fail, I feel they are a good enough time saver that I would purchase again. For cleaning barrels they are #1 IMHO. The DD brush that you say falls apart has not and I have only had it a few months. After the first use, it stopped shedding. It is already better than the Swissvax wheel brush that the ferrel fall off or splits on me.

Nothing is perfect but for me my set up is the best I can find. I am willing to spend more for a better product and if I could find one better, I would buy it. I guess that is why I have so many detailing fosils.

Thanks for the input, I guess we can agree to disagree on the wheel woolies. If you are a pro, perhaps you just put them through the paces more often than I do. My car is dirtier than usual and perhaps I will document my next wash process and post the wheel cleaning portion so you can see what I use them for.

I might learn from the critique.

Quote Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
    those fall apart..search about the Wheel woolie brushes..plenty of people had them fail and the bristles part just falls out and breaks apart. I have the AutoFinesse ones and they are great

Post Thanks / Like

I like using either the Lake Country Wheel Mitt or an All Purpose & Wheel Microfiber Towel for cleaning the face and behind the spokes.

For in the barrels its either a Daytona or the Wheel Woolies

For the lugnuts I like the 1 inch Boar`s Hair brush.

I am also a fan of the Montana Boar`s Hair Wheel Brush for very delicate finishes.

Post Thanks / Like

+1, there is no perfect brush

I`m currently using a Mothers Wheel Brush for the wheels in general and also use one of those short handle wire/wheel brushes (green bristles) sold on the Autopia site. The Mother`s brush is much better ergonomically.

I use a 16" Wire Wheel Brush for barrels instead of a Daytona, since I found it creates less blow back when pulling the brush out from between spokes, due to shorter bristle length. The bristles are also a little stiffer so there is more leverage to scrub. I also use a generic lug brush I picked up from Pep Boys for lugs.

Just my $.02
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like

I have these

I detailed my engine yesterday

I also have the wheel woolies, I was able to detail more with the wheel woolies, then just the mothers brushes. However I was still not able to get into the really tight cracks and crevices, so I am planning on getting lug nut brushes also. So maybe the more the merrier?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information