Thread: Rim cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Rim cleaner

Im looking for another rim cleaner for my next purchase. Ive been using Chemical Guys Diablo and love it. Its pretty cheap and is concentrated so it lasts a good while. I would like to find another one that lasts as long and wont break my bank. Anyone have any suggestions? Right now im wondering if I should just stick to Diablo since its concentrated and lasted me more than a few months on 1 16oz bottle. For tires im sticking with my AMMO Mud, that stuff works so good on tires and trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rim cleaner

There are a ton of good wheel cleaners out there, but if your having good luck with Diablo, Id stick to it. Dilution ratios mean a lot, and some of the boutique wheel cleaners out there arent meant to be cut. A guy could burn though a $100 gallon of Full Effect in a hurry if he used it on a regular basis.

Post Thanks / Like

" A guy could burn though a $100 gallon of Full Effect in a hurry if he used it on a regular basis." This is my main concern. Diablo can be applied in different ratios, allowing me to use less if the rim is not too dirty or a APC will do most of the work. To me Diablo is like rim shampoo, a little bit can go a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a winner imo.

Post Thanks / Like

First, consider the source...I am merely an amateur OCD enthusiast who takes care of and pride in only our cars.

A few months ago I tried PB Spray & Rinse. This stuff works exactly as advertised. No need to brush the wheels, the barrels, the calipers or anything it touches. Spray and rinse. I started with the spray bottle and now I have 5 individual gallon jugs on the shelf. Of course I bought them during the 15% sale with free shipping. "Momma might have raised a fool, but she didn`t raise no idiot."

I was using Surf City which I liked but thought was expensive. Then I switched to Eagle1 which did just as well and is a heck of a lot cheaper. With both of those I still needed to use a brush on the wheels. PB S & R, imo, is twice as good as either of those with no effort, no brushing and at a per ounce cost just a tad higher than Eagle1.

Thanks again for all you folks have taught me.

Best,
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

If you have good break pads and you keep your wheels sealed, you should need nothing more than soap and water. As long as I keep a coat of BF Metal sealant on my wheel that is all I need.

If you really want a wheel cleaner I would consider and APC like Meg APC+ or something in that line. It can be diluted to multiple level for your cleaning needs, and it can be used to clean many other areas and surfaces as well. So it will serve a double purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using OPC diluted 3:1 and Zep CD diluted 4:1 for cleaning wheels lately. Very cost effective

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by basswood View Post
    First, consider the source...I am merely an amateur OCD enthusiast who takes care of and pride in only our cars.

A few months ago I tried PB Spray & Rinse. This stuff works exactly as advertised. No need to brush the wheels, the barrels, the calipers or anything it touches. Spray and rinse. I started with the spray bottle and now I have 5 individual gallon jugs on the shelf. Of course I bought them during the 15% sale with free shipping. "Momma might have raised a fool, but she didn`t raise no idiot."

I was using Surf City which I liked but thought was expensive. Then I switched to Eagle1 which did just as well and is a heck of a lot cheaper. With both of those I still needed to use a brush on the wheels. PB S & R, imo, is twice as good as either of those with no effort, no brushing and at a per ounce cost just a tad higher than Eagle1.

Thanks again for all you folks have taught me.

Best,
    Tom

Another vote for PB Spray & Wipe, super great results, one of the lower cost products and WAY easy to use
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Another vote for PB Spray & Wipe, super great results, one of the lower cost products and WAY easy to use
    Did you mean spray & rinse?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    If you have good break pads and you keep your wheels sealed, you should need nothing more than soap and water. As long as I keep a coat of BF Metal sealant on my wheel that is all I need.

If you really want a wheel cleaner I would consider and APC like Meg APC+ or something in that line. It can be diluted to multiple level for your cleaning needs, and it can be used to clean many other areas and surfaces as well. So it will serve a double purpose.

Right now I have Poorboys world wheel sealant on my rims. Which BTW I would recommend to everyone. Left my rims a lot shinier than when I would just put wax on the rims. I was actually surprised. And I still have like 2/3 of a gallon of Megs APC+. Stuff is amazing. I think on my car it would work as I can just re apply the wheel sealant since after a few cleans the APC is probably going to take it off. The down side is I am detailing other cars here lately and not sure this would work good enough on all vehicles.. This Saturday I have a 2010 F150 super crew to detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Gonna have to look into that. I do like to support their company, great group of guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    Did you mean spray & rinse?
    Yes sorry to many spray and ??? in my life
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information