Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s World Spray and Rinse Product Demo

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    The other bummer was the sprayer stopped working halfway through the job. I had to transfer the product to another spray bottle to finish the remaining wheels.

Why didn`t you just change the sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Why didn`t you just change the sprayer?
    Because the only extra sprayer I had available was from a spray bottle I purchased. I didn`t want to cut the sprayer tube from a brand new bottle down to fit the Poorboy`s bottle and it was quicker to pour some of the product into the empty bottle to continue.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Poorboy`s S & R today but I didn`t have the same level of success. Maybe it`s the BMW brake dust, but I definitely had to agitate the wheels with with a brush and Wheel Woolies to remove all the dirt.

The other bummer was the sprayer stopped working halfway through the job. I had to transfer the product to another spray bottle to finish the remaining wheels.
    If it`s the first time they`ve actually been cleaned, you will need some agitation. After that with normal washing it`ll be just spay and rinse.

But just to make your life a little easier, new BMW brake pads are made differently and dust a ton less.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great write up there Pockets, TY for taking your time for everyone to see what PB`s Spray and Rinse can do for them
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    If it`s the first time they`ve actually been cleaned, you will need some agitation. After that with normal washing it`ll be just spay and rinse.

But just to make your life a little easier, new BMW brake pads are made differently and dust a ton less.
    Definitely not the first time they’ve been cleaned. The wheels are cleaned weekly when it`s warm, and I try to wait no more than 2 weeks between cleanings in the colder months.

For years I sealed them with Rejex. This year I changed up and went with Ulitma Paint Guard Plus. I have dedicated winter and summer wheels so I apply at least 2 coats of sealant before installing the tires for any given season.

As for the brakes themselves, the pads are fairly new. No more than 4000 miles since the brakes were replaced with BMW brake pads.

Post Thanks / Like

bmw changed the formulation of their pads sometime in 2010 I believe. so mebbe they gave you an old set of pads.

I have a 2011 335 is
    and kid has 2013 335 I, no dust caking to speak of like previously.

(insert gratitious pics of cars here)

Having had BMW`s since 1998 (besides a momentary lapse in judgement for a year with an $VW$ (audi) brake dust has always been a problem except for the 2 new ones.

Started using sr in 2007 or 2008, and it never let me down

(More gratuitous pics)

if anyone would like more pics, just let me know
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Everybody!

I read somewhere that it has some strong citrus cleaners. I noticed that the sprayer is a chemical resistant sprayer..does PWSR contain a acid?
    Not citrus but yes it is an acid and the proper precautions should be used (although I have used it with bare hands lots and no ill effects here)

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Cool results!

is it safe on all wheels? Does it degrade LSP on wheels?
    Answer below

Not safe on polished aluminum.
    Thanks Rsurfer

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    I love this stuff! Does exactly as advertised. Even diluted 1:1 work great for my weekly maintenance jobs on my wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    yep it`ll eat the sealant right off em.

so do what I do......

just hose em down, spray, wait and hose em down again

no more sealing, just clean.

it does what it says, it says what it does

i`m basically lazy
    You got it bud

I tried the Poorboy`s S & R today but I didn`t have the same level of success. Maybe it`s the BMW brake dust, but I definitely had to agitate the wheels with with a brush and Wheel Woolies to remove all the dirt.

I have seen some that might need a little scrubbing to get them clean but even than it makes the job a whole lot easier. The sprayer must be washed out after every use because it is a chemical resistant sprayer but we have not found one yet that can hold up with it sitting in it for prolonged periods of time. A simple rinse with wash water pumped through will let the sprayer last a very long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    Thanks Everybody!

I have seen some that might need a little scrubbing to get them clean but even than it makes the job a whole lot easier. The sprayer must be washed out after every use because it is a chemical resistant sprayer but we have not found one yet that can hold up with it sitting in it for prolonged periods of time. A simple rinse with wash water pumped through will let the sprayer last a very long time.

Pockets ... I did read Rinse sprayer thoroughly after use in the directions. However, this was the FIRST use of the product.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE Spray and Rinse but it does tend to chew up the sprayers. I like to transfer mine to a Spraymaster Bottle & Trigger

I used this on a friend`s Jeep Grand Cheroke that had not had the rims cleaned in 2 years. They were BROWN and wiping away the brake dust revealed like brown specs (all over the wheel) that would require serious cleaning. Poorboy`s Spray and Rinse completely cleaned the wheel without scrubbing.

Post Thanks / Like

Because the only extra sprayer I had available was from a spray bottle I purchased. I didn`t want to cut the sprayer tube from a brand new bottle down to fit the Poorboy`s bottle and it was quicker to pour some of the product into the empty bottle to continue.
    My PB came in a 32oz. bottle..was your extra sprayer a 64oz.+ bottle? Never came across a 64oz. + bottle with a trigger sprayer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information