Post Thanks / Like

Stoner`s vs Tuff Shine

Looking for tire dressing that doen`t sling, leave film which will allow dust to sick and something that leaves high gloss shine even after the rain. What do u recommend that lasts? Stoner`s tire shine or I also heard tuff shine but can`t really justify the additional price? Anyone use either of these products what do u recommend??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stoner`s vs Tuff Shine

From my understanding Stoners is tire "dressing" like any other. So I would also then estimate that you would measure its durability days.

I have TufShine on 2 of our vehicles. TufShine is what I would consider a tire "coating". The gloss and looks can be controlled by the number of coats. I can tell you from my experience that the durability for TufShine can be measured in weeks. The initial work to get the tires prep`d is a little intensive but well worth it once it`s on and working its magic. And once TuffShine is on you can literally wash with car soap and a soft brush. You have no need to scrub. And you can always top it up to increase the gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have definitely gotten sling with Stoners MSLT. I would like to compare it to Tuff Shine.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Tuff Shine will not Sling I`ve used it for over 3 years. If you have any questions about it let me know I`ve becoming the Guru on the product.

Cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunedx View Post
    Looking for tire dressing that doen`t sling, leave film which will allow dust to sick and something that leaves high gloss shine even after the rain. What do u recommend that lasts? Stoner`s tire shine or I also heard tuff shine but can`t really justify the additional price? Anyone use either of these products what do u recommend??
    If you look at the price its much less when you look at how much more it would cost over a year by using other tire shines. You can do a few cars with the kit, not just one.

Cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I just received my second bottle of Tuff Shine. Like mentioned before, the cleaning process is intensive, but, after that it is a breeze and the product lasts a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Tuf Shine. Looks good and lasts a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Stoners and like the shine and application. That said any tire shine will not sling as long as you let it dry. I think that`s where most people think that tire shine slings is they apply it and then drive.

Another great way to get an even coating is use a foam paint brush
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

If I need a quick "temporary" coating that will look great, not greasy and not full of silicones, etc., and will not sling, I always use Zaino Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss.

If I am looking for a tire coating that will do all of the above AND last a LONG, LONG, time, I use Tuf Shine Permanent Tire Clearcoat. It works great, is predictable, and never has failed me in years of use.
    The other Tuff Shine products, including their 2 types of sponge cleaner/applicators, and their tire cleaning brush are all the best designed and easy to use tools that I buy in large quantities frequently for my business.

Thanks Greg Nichols for bringing the Tuf Shine product way back when, to Proper Auto Care Forum.
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Beemerboy -

Stoner`s is simply the best I`ve come across and it does not require a major cleaning regimen first. For me it lasts about a month. When I detailed heavily I bought it by the case direct from Stoner`s and never once did it sling but you do have to allow it to dry (DUH).

Post Thanks / Like

I`m going to pull the trigger on the tuff shine tire but still baffles me on if this product holds up and doesn`t wear off like typical tire shines why isn`t this product more readily used..

Post Thanks / Like

I`m going to pull the trigger on the tuff shine tire but still baffles me on if this product holds up and doesn`t wear off like typical tire shines why isn`t this product more readily used..
    The wear factor is subjected to lots of weather related issues. It`s also subjected to what the viewer thinks is still shiny or is lasting.

I`ve used the TS and wasn`t impressed and why I started using Stoners and was much happier. That said for tire shine these days, I used PB BnB excellent shine last a couple of weeks for my two garage queens ( at least to the shine level I like) and for the money its a bargain, because it also good on lots of other applications.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Why the switch from ts to Stoners? What didn`t impress u? Sorry for all the questions!!

Post Thanks / Like

Why the switch from ts to Stoners? What didn`t impress u? Sorry for all the questions!!
    I have both here so I didn`t drop one to take on the other. I keep the Stoners on hand in case I start to run low on the BnB. For me they both do the same in tire applications, last about the same shine and durability

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

My customers are always pleased that a few weeks (even month-months) down the road the tires still look good with Tuf Shine. Yes, getting the wheels clean adds extra time but worth it in the end. The amount you use will balance itself out compared to others. That small bottle lasts a good bit. No, I do not work for Tuf Shine. I do like using the Stoners as a quick engine spray (for hoses) and undercarriage.

Thread Information