Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: APC for tires & wheels

If you are looking for an affordable product that works well on wheels and tires, give Mothers All Wheel a try. This product continues to impress me on all but the worst cases.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

APC+ at 4-1 always performs well for my needs.

I`ve never had any success with ARO. None! The dirt does not roll off as advertised. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

But don`t forget, it`s not just in the cleaner, it`s also in the brush you use.
    Mothers Contoured Tire Brush
    I swear by this thing. Well worth the money.
    Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Mother`s brush. But it`s nice to witness the sludge of old dressing oozing off and running down the drain when rinsed. That doesn`t happen with ARO. At least not for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post

I`ve never had any success with ARO. None! The dirt does not roll off as advertised. Sorry.
    Same here but I find my cleaning is more related to dried dressing and tire brown than just dirt. Since tires vary in browning etc, I am wondering of the variable is the tire and what needs to be removed in regards to ARO performance.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Simple Green diluted at 10:1 for the rims and tires and its been working great for me. A gallon at Home Depot is about $9 and seems to last a while. Granted I do want to try the PB Spray and Wash wheel cleaner lol.

Post Thanks / Like

There are three different formulas of APC on the market. Detergent, citrus and chemical based. For rubber I use only detergent based cleaners. They do not take to much of the natural oils found in rubber and clean the dirt off better IMO. The one that I like most is PB APC.

I learned all about APC cleaner from a respected detail supplier and manufacture. Up to that point I had no idea about what the makeup of APC was. I knew one was stronger than the other but didn`t realize the reason.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    BLACKFIRE All In One APC is great on wheels and tires and will work great even when diluted up to 4:1, particularly on brown rubber.

Optimum Power Clean is another fantastic APC, and one of the staples in the industry for its ability to clean most surfaces safely (and thoroughly). My experience is that BLACKFIRE is slightly stronger and requires less dilution.

Meguiars APC + is a value you leader. It is not as strong at wheel and tire cleaning as the other two but it is available at a really good price and is much better than store bought APC`s that could damage or ruin automotive parts.
    How would you compare PB APC to the above you mention? Also how does PB S&R wheel cleaner compare to those for cleaning tires?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    How would you compare PB APC to the above you mention? Also how does PB S&R wheel cleaner compare to those for cleaning tires?
    I don`t have very much experience with PB APC, so I am not sure how they compare.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the P21S TAW total auto wash and have been happy. It is rtu but it works well and is safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I have used the P21S TAW total auto wash and have been happy. It is rtu but it works well and is safe.
    P21S TAW is a great product all around and extremely underrated!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I don`t have very much experience with PB APC, so I am not sure how they compare.
    Thanks Todd. I know you did a review on PB S&R wheel cleaner a while back, how good is it for cleaning tires? I know it did an amazing job on the wheels but it also says it can clean tires.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

A glaring omission IMO, is AM`s 777. Highly versatile (read also effective)using various dilutions, reasonably priced and depending on your location locally available in 1, 5 and even 55 gallon. Used it for years now, and cannot recall ever being let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post

I can`t say I haven`t had any success with ARO. It works OK at a 1:1 dilution, but what cleaner doesn`t. It is one of the most over-hyped products amongst the detailing community.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    There are three different formulas of APC on the market. Detergent, citrus and chemical based. For rubber I use only detergent based cleaners. They do not take to much of the natural oils found in rubber and clean the dirt off better IMO. The one that I like most is PB APC.

I learned all about APC cleaner from a respected detail supplier and manufacture. Up to that point I had no idea about what the makeup of APC was. I knew one was stronger than the other but didn`t realize the reason.
    Beemer, both you and Coastal really like this product and I repsect those opinions. I also know Steve thinks it is a superior product, but it just is not worth the price for me. I know Coastal buys it by the drum and uses the heck out of it in a high volume environment, and is highly satisfied. My perspective is...it is a cleaner and cleaner either works or it doesn`t. PB`s APC works, but is easily matched in performance by products costing far less.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information