Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wurth High Build UnderBody UnderSeal- Review and How-To

Thanks for the review Todd. Interesting product, I wonder how it will hold up.

Post Thanks / Like

Wurth has good products. I did the visible frame rails under the rear wheel wells on the truck with some Rust Reformer and then applied Wurth`s wrinkle finish black chip guard. The stuff is bullet-proof! I used the clear chip guard and Opti Coat on the rockers before I covered `em up with full running boards. I`ve got a couple of cans of High Build Underbody Underseal as well as more chip guard for when I do the entire underside and chassis. Depending on the material and access I`ll be using mostly Wurth products in addition to Rust Reformer and POR15. Pics when I get a round tuit.

TL <--- film @ 11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    Thanks for the review Todd. Interesting product, I wonder how it will hold up.
    IME, it`s longevity exceeds the undercoats you see at auto parts stores. In wheel wells where you get constant blasting from road debris you aren`t going to find anything that lasts forever. But the Wurth product is easier to use, looks better and lasts longer than other products I`ve tried. YMMV.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have looked at this product a few times and have never pulled the trigger. I was always afraid it would be thin or not turn out right. I may need to add this to my next order.
    You can modify application for the result you want. If you want more textured finish hold the can farther away and do multiple coats. If you want a smoother finish warm the can in hot water and spray closer.

Like any undercoating adhesion to plastic inner fender liners over time is iffy. If one wanted to coat them for uniform appearance you`d probably be better off using either the black or clear chip guard. Personally, I prefer to keep any plastic uncoated and clean for an OEM appearance.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Todd and Troy in back to back posts now i am really confused. thought i was dyslexic or something. had to recoat wifes suv after she drove through paint and didnt have wurth but most rubberized coating works well. beats a razor blade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick update. I gave my Speed3 a much needed bath and decided to blast the undercoating with 1800 PSI, scrub with Meguiar`s Degreaser (and a stiff brush) and pressure wash clean.

Absolutely nothing came off. I would assume that durability is going to be limited by the quality of the prep-work as this stuff really seems bulletproof.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using this product for a while. I find that if you soak the can in a bucket of hot water before use, it helps with the disbursement of the product and keeps the spray nozzle from clogging. This stuff is thick and zesty! Keep shaking the can often.Works great.This stuff actually dries unlike the cheaper undercoatings. All wurth products are top quality.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks todd this sounds like a wurthy product. but now i`m torn between this and cg bare bones... which is preferred for longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    thanks todd this sounds like a wurthy product. but now i`m torn between this and cg bare bones... which is preferred for longevity.
    This is a rubberized coating. It will easily outlast barebones by years.... I am planning to use this to re-finish my whel wells as Todd has and then use barebones after washes to darken everything back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjb89 View Post
    I have been using this product for a while. I find that if you soak the can in a bucket of hot water before use, it helps with the disbursement of the product and keeps the spray nozzle from clogging. This stuff is thick and zesty! Keep shaking the can often.Works great.This stuff actually dries unlike the cheaper undercoatings. All wurth products are top quality.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with your comment about Wurth products, EVERYTHING I have used of theirs is top notch.

This is a rubberized coating. It will easily outlast barebones by years.... I am planning to use this to re-finish my whel wells as Todd has and then use barebones after washes to darken everything back up.
    So far (although its fairly new) it hasn`t dulled down to the point of needing any dressing. I will keep this thread updated as time goes bye though.

Post Thanks / Like

Another quick update: I just wash the car last night (after a long drive home) and the UnderBody Under Seal is holding up perfectly with zero wear.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Todd,

How does the underseal look like now?

Does this underseal wear away like the traditional undercoats? - does it melt away in kerosene?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    Hi Todd,

How does the underseal look like now?

Does this underseal wear away like the traditional undercoats? - does it melt away in kerosene?
    To be honest I don`t have any kerosene handy to test.

I will take some pictures today. It still looks like I just applied it, I couldn`t be happier. I still haven`t done the other wheel wells, but it sounds like I have a project to complete!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to your update Todd.

I went a different direction on my wheel wells. I got a small can of "roll on" bed liner. I taped off the parts I didn`t want to mess up and went to town. Did it all in one day and it looks great. I will have to post some pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    To be honest I don`t have any kerosene handy to test.

I will take some pictures today. It still looks like I just applied it, I couldn`t be happier. I still haven`t done the other wheel wells, but it sounds like I have a project to complete!!!!
    thanks, worth to be included in your tests imo . petrol based solvents in traditional undercoats are like hot knife in stone cold butter.

I look forward to your update Todd.

I went a different direction on my wheel wells. I got a small can of "roll on" bed liner. I taped off the parts I didn`t want to mess up and went to town. Did it all in one day and it looks great. I will have to post some pictures.
    actually i am already leaning towards using a roll on bedliner for the under body until i`ve read about this wurth high build underseal.

the thing that i hate about the traditional undercoats is that while it looks good and black at first, it attracts everything to the point that it becomes dull. one will have to rely on heavy cleaning and dressing just to bring out the original "blackness." in addition, the traditional undercoats don`t like petrol based solvents even if fully dried for several years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information