Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a better tire dressing brand...

Quote Originally Posted by dtuna42 View Post
    No Touch aerosol can, OTC. Spray / foam it on, wipe off. Not real glossy but makes tires look darker; doesn`t sling very much, really no sling at all if you let it dry for a while before driving.
    I used No Touch for years and always "touched" it. Spread the foam out for even coverage and around the RWLs and once I made my way around all 4 tires I took a cotton towel and buffed the residue away. Leaves nothing but a clean, black look, no gloss-no sling if you buff it off. Works nice under wheel wells too.

I now do the same with Stoner`s More Shine with about the same results. No Touch is longer lasting after driving in the rain, IMO. Both leave a nice clean look after a few washes if you don`t get too vigorous with the wheel brush and you dry the tires promptly after a wash.

I`ve used every kind of tire dressing mentioned on every Forum over the last couple of years and haven`t found anything that works better or lasts longer than these two.. IF you want a matte finish with no shine. YMMV.

TL

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Bold n Bright (the liquid version can`t speak for the gel version).

Brush (scrub) it on to take advantage of the cleaners.
    Tire sponge it on followed by a light buff to acheive a black matte appearance.
    Tire sponge it on followed by another pass if you prefer a glossier look.

It can be diluted or not.

No sling issues, nor is it a dust magnet which makes it nice for wheel well application.

Meguiar`s Natural Shine is a pretty good OTC option. It is more widely available than M40, though some NAPA dealers in this area carry the 16 oz. bottles of M40.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the Poorboys Bold and Bright.

Easy to use, looks great, not sticky. Being water based the durability is not great, easy to reapply after the next wash though.

Also Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus. A little pricey but much better durability. Lately I`ve been putting down a "base coat" of Ultima and then recoating with Poorboys bold and Bright as needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Megs #40 for a long time and like the matt finish. Recently I tried the Optimum Opti-Coat and its has a little more shine but last quite a bit longer . Both products apply easy and have no sling.I have a use for both of these in my arsenal now.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Megs M40 is a great all around conditioner. On tires have been using Poorboys Bold and Bright gel quite a bit this year. It buffs down nicely for a natural look. Still going on 16oz. bought last year put on multiple vehicles for multiple shows. Applied with product primed basic MF on clean tire.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys. I think the word I was looking for was tire `wax`. And the only company I know that carries it is Doodoo.

I have used poorboys BNB and have been impressed by it but the durability is lacking, Ultima does have an amazing brand but I`m not liking the price too much. I think I`m going to try opti bond and see how well that works. Thanks for the suggestions
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you see the CarPro PERL review and the results with multi-coats. I habe been doing that now and it`s great.

Post Thanks / Like

^^Yes I saw that review, it`s nice stuff but like the review says, `it comes off in the rain`. I would however, like to use it on interior surfaces.
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think the word I was looking for was tire `wax`. And the only company I know that carries it is Doodoo.
    Must be some tire "wax".

Post Thanks / Like

I use 303. Spray it on a clean tire and walk away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for PERL. It`s transitioning into my go to product for tires and more.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been a fan of 4* Ultimate Tire Protectant Gel for some time now. Nice medium gloss, wears well.

Andrew

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using a newer product called Tuf Shine Permanent Tire Clearcoat. It is non silicone, oily and is like a white liquid, very similar to Zaino. It seems to last a long time, you dont have to reapply it every week, and here where it has rained a huge amount already, it has not come off. They want you to use their tire cleaner to absolutely get all other products off the rubber first, coat raised white letters separately (if applicable), let them dry, and then coat the rest of the black tire. Let it dry, then apply another coat, let it dry.
    All tires seem to have different levels of black applied to them and maybe different rubber compounds absorb product differently too, I dont know.

All I can say is that this product is the first one I have ever used that is really good for my Goodyear Fortera raised white letter tires on my Grand Cherokee.

I used to use only Zaino and loved it. Tried that OptiBond stuff and hated it. I now have 32 oz of it collecting dust in my cabinet.

Im sticking with the Tuf Shine for now cause it doesnt require weekly applications, and when you wash the tire with just car soap it doesnt go away. Its not oily greasy, doesnt sling, and my Jeep tires look great ! I believe Detailed Image sells it, I dont know if its sold here.. tufshinedotcom

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

i like ArmorAll tire dresser..in liquid form tho
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

[quote]
    I used to use only Zaino and loved it. Tried that OptiBond stuff and hated it. I now have 32 oz of it collecting dust in my cabinet.

Stokdgs
    What would you like to trade for your OptiBond. ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information