Post Thanks / Like

Sonar FE wheel cleaner

Do you pre rinse a very dirty wheel before applying the Sonax FE wheel cleaner? What is the optimal dwell time? I know it should not dry out but if you don`t re wet it with water how long shouldn`t sit on the wheels?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonar FE wheel cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Do you pre rinse a very dirty wheel before applying the Sonax FE wheel cleaner? What is the optimal dwell time? I know it should not dry out but if you don`t re wet it with water how long shouldn`t sit on the wheels?
    Hi Jeff!

I suppose you could pre-rinse the wheels, but it will cut down the effectiveness of the `no-touch` cleaning action.

If the wheels aren`t too dirty and just need a touch up a pre-rinse would help remove some grime and be more cost effective, although you are reducing the power of the product.

Dwell time can range between 1-5 minutes; the product will let you know as it works. I have had it sit on a wheel for over 10 minutes with out it drying, but on a hot day/direct sunlight/hot wheel I would be more cognizant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Hi Jeff!

I suppose you could pre-rinse the wheels, but it will cut down the effectiveness of the `no-touch` cleaning action.

If the wheels aren`t too dirty and just need a touch up a pre-rinse would help remove some grime and be more cost effective, although you are reducing the power of the product.

Dwell time can range between 1-5 minutes; the product will let you know as it works. I have had it sit on a wheel for over 10 minutes with out it drying, but on a hot day/direct sunlight/hot wheel I would be more cognizant.
    Thanks Todd, the sky`s opened up in NY today. Looks like I will have to wait until next weekend to try it out. Thanks for the response. Have a nice weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd, the sky`s opened up in NY today. Looks like I will have to wait until next weekend to try it out. Thanks for the response. Have a nice weekend.
    Hi Jeff, any update on the performance? How did it end up working for you?! I hope your staying warm up there.

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed an effect on power washed wheels that were heavily soiled, the machine seems like it`s making it easier but it does cut into the performance of the Sonax. You could always power wash the wheels and let them dry (if the temp is high enough, then shade it), but that would kinda be like adding another step. I run my business small on the side and don`t really have time for that so I just apply to the wheels as is. I wish I could quit my job and do this for a living, wait, was that out loud?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Hi Jeff, any update on the performance? How did it end up working for you?! I hope your staying warm up there.
    I use the sonax on wheels that are very dirty. My wheels usually are done with soap and water or P21S when I need more power. My brother stops buy when his RR Sport is beyond dirty and those whells have a billion spokes or so it seems. The sonax is key for the baked on dust that looks like soot from a BBQ grille.

I need it in my garage for certian jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the sonax on wheels that are very dirty. My wheels usually are done with soap and water or P21S when I need more power. My brother stops buy when his RR Sport is beyond dirty and those whells have a billion spokes or so it seems. The sonax is key for the baked on dust that looks like soot from a BBQ grille.

I need it in my garage for certian jobs.
    Glad to hear the good news!

Post Thanks / Like

Is this product good to use on aluminum rims? like the A/R Torque Thrusts?

Thread Information