Post Thanks / Like
    Any extra precautions I should take before undergoing my 1st time using my pc in mid April on a non clearcoated vehicle?

I`ve looked through the archives and found tons of information but nothing specifically concerning the care you need to take with a non clearcoat.
    Rich Ross
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN MOBILE DETAIL
    Huntsville, Utah

WEWAXEM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean clean clean, the cleaner you can get the paint and the more dead paint you remove from the paint before you polish the easier it will be to polish. The first time you wash the car with Dawn mix in a bit of baking soda, the abrasives will help aid in the removal of the oxidation or dead paint.

BTW don`t try this on clearcoated paint.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Bond vs Adams Super VRT

Anyone with experience with both of these.

Ive recently tried the VRT and Im pretty impressed. I drove a couple weeks with it on, through a couple rain showers, washed the car, and when I re applied, it didnt get any darker because the original coat was still on there. 303 usually lasts until the first rain, then poof, its gone.

Im wondering how Opti-Bond compares.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used alot of Adams stuff for small jobs and I love the super vrt. Works very well. Now when it comes to Opti-Bond it seems to last longer and does the same thing but I`m sure Eric will have more experience with it because he`s in love with it. Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering if the duration was similar. I like the shine of the Opti-Bond - might want to use it for tires if it lasts like the Super VRT, which I will continue to use on trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am actually an authorized Adam`s dealer (though I do not sell online and have no invested interest in THEIR online sales) I am always impressed with the new products they release. Super VRT is definitely one of my favorites. I remember when I used to apply VRT and prayed it didnt rain. With the introduction to Super VRT, life got that much easier.

Keep in mind, Super VRT is not meant to "shine" things up. It is more of a temporary restoration of richness in color. It makes black look black. It is not like armor all in that it does not create that blinding shine on your dash.

I think it is a perfect combination.

Just my .02 Cents

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-bond I believe will last a little longer than Adams but both water repellent. If your looking for something a bit more professional I would go with opti-bond but if your doing it for a regular client or your own, use Adams. I believe Adams is cheaper too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SIDetailing View Post
    Opti-bond I believe will last a little longer than Adams but both water repellent. If your looking for something a bit more professional I would go with opti-bond but if your doing it for a regular client or your own, use Adams. I believe Adams is cheaper too.
    Like most of Adam`s products, it`s a bit more costly.
    Opti-Bond is $16 for 32oz
    Adams VRT is $50 for 32oz [$25 per 16oz bottle]

I dilute OB 1:1 with water and use it in a spray bottle, so technically it could be even cheaper. I don`t know if Adam`s VRT can be diluted, but if it can it would make it a bit more economical. I have not used the VRT, but I do enjoy the looks of OB.

Thread Information