Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is the best place tobuy a porter cable polisher from with the velcro pads that everyone is talking about? I am very interested. Please help. Thanks in advance. Kenny

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing you should do is a Search for "porter cable" or "pc". You`ll find numerous posts on the subject.

As for retailers, Lowes carries a 7336 which is the same machine but includes different accessories. I saw one at the Lowe`s in Norcross yesterday; can`t tell you if the store on Hwy. 20 has one. IIRC, the price was $109.

Many people buy them online like I did. Coastal Tool is a good place to buy but check out others.

As for pads, the smart thing to do is buy the pad kit from Classic Motoring Accessories, the site sponsor. Many of us have that kit and it`s perfect to start with. From there you can buy additional pads as needed from online retailers or local auto body/paint stores. I`ve bought a few Meguiar`s pads from Auto Color in Lawrenceville if you want a local source.

Welcome to Autopia. Feel free to spend some time reading posts, including the archives. I think you`ll find many of your questions answered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Local Lowes has good prices...
    or this site - buy your pads at CMA...the kit is the best...
    http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...ad1+1016412957

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered one from http://www.internationaltool.com it was $102 shipped, and I ordered the kit from CMA.....

Post Thanks / Like
    That international tool deal looks good... but is it the 7336SP or just the plain 7336? Is the only difference the included polishing pad? I don`t want to get the wrong one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you guys also buy the velcro back-up plate from CMA?

Post Thanks / Like
    This has been discussed many times before, but the Porter Cable polishers are all the same exact machine. The only difference is the model numbers and what comes in the box.

For your review, I submit the following:

PC 7424 - called a "polisher", comes with one (1) PC white 5" pad and wrench. NO backing pad is included.

PC 7335 - called a "sander". Comes with 5" backing pad, assorted sanding paper and wrench. This unit includes a counterweight for a 5" pad/plate.

PC 7336 - called a "sander". Exactly the same as 7335 but includes a 6" pad and counterweight for 6" pad/plate.

PC 7336SP - SP stands for "sander-polisher". Exactly the same kit as 7336 but includes the white 5" pad from the 7424. Think of the 7336SP as the machine with the most accessories in the box.

All the above info was taken directly from the Porter Cable 2001/2002 Product Catalog. You can look at these units online to you hearts content at www.porter-cable.com

As for the CMA kit, if you`re going to use the PC for car polishing then it should be considered a necessary purchase. You can look at it at CMA website but the best part of it is the Velcro backing pad that allows you to swap pads without removing the backing plate every time.

I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bretfraz... I guess I could have looked that up myself (as I have in the past) but I`d never heard of the 7336SP - isn`t it wierd how International Tool has it for $5 less than the plain 7336? That`s where I was confused.

Anyway, thanks again for clarifying that. I was going to look for the 7336 at Lowes, but it looks like I can get the 7336SP for less even after shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by MAC[H]Z [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I just ordered one from http://www.internationaltool.com it was $102 shipped, and I ordered the kit from CMA..... [/b]</blockquote>
    That`s a smokin` deal dude. Best price I`ve seen for a new PC. Personally I bought the 7336 PC sander from one of my tool suppliers that`s also a PC distributer. This worked out well because the 7336 had the 6" counter weight which works perfectly with the pads and accessories I purchased from CMA. Furthermore it is a quality sander making it even more versatile. FWIW my tool supplier said that the 7336 is a very popular sander with cabinet and countertop contractors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just picked one up from International Tool for $102.96. Can`t wait to get my hands on it!

Just south of the Great White North (Minneapolis)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered the 7336SP for $102 from International Tool, as well. Porter Cable has a $10 instant rebate going on until March 31, so this sweet deal won`t last forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just be aware that International Tools actually has the 7336SP on backorder, I spoke with them today about my earlier order and they seem to think they may not have inventory until sometime the first week of April. So if you were hoping to get that new PC quickly...sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my PC 7336sp for my B`day. :bounce The kit includes 1 white foam polishing pad, backing plate, variety of sanding disks, wrench, handle, and operating manual. Price from a Canadian retailer $190.00 cdn, about $120.00 usd. It was $15.00 cheaper than the 7424 model, more goodies less $, go figure. Special order,(didn`t have one in stock) less than one week delivery. Need more pads and maybe a velcro backing plate. First mission, my 1996 plymouth minivan.
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Post Thanks / Like
    i was at home depot yesterday... and i saw they had a Porter Cable 7428 polisher... it had a 7 inch disk. Was about $150. Has this been around? Or is it simply a new version with a larer disk?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Porter Cable 7428 is a rotary buffer NOT a random orbital like the 7336 or 7424. Rotary buffers are not for people just starting out.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information