Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Gang,

Wow, where did the past two weeks go? My head is spinning. Please excuse me for being absent. Thanks for holding the place together. A couple of updates are in order:

Autopia Websites is ready for the initial launch. Holly finished the first round of template development, and I see that she has been working on some of your web sites. I`m hoping that some or most of you will take advantage of the free benefit.

Please note that we will not be offering a free service. Without taking on advertisers, it is a losing proposition for me. What I have decided to offer is 90 days free to all ebook owners (now numbering 400+). Pricing will be very modest at $49.95 per year.

With the launch of AWS, I have decided to limit photo posting on the forum to a single pic of 512x482. The pictures are really taking a toll on hosting costs.

More later... dinner is ready

... okay, where was I? Oh, yeah, bring ing you all up to date.

So, you all saw that I reduced the number of pics and size of pics you can post. This does not impact adding an image link from another web site. People can still do this. All it does is help control my network costs. Anthony brought up a good point, it also controls the number of smiles you can put in a post. I will rethink this. Maybe just controlling the size of pics is enough for now.

Some of you have mentioned that the web site software is not intuitive to use. I need to find a way to get people kick started. Once you get the basics down, it should be easy. Any ideas would be appreciated.

It does not seem as though we have time to populate the "How To Tips & Tricks" area. Is this a bust? Should we remove it?

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry that I have not had the time lately to police the forum as usual. I just finished a rush project at work, so things should be back to normal by next week.

I have not done much with that web site but will devote friday and saturday to develop something. Where do we find those templates?

Anyhow is that picture rule for attaching pics only or even if we link to them from another hosting service??

DK

Post Thanks / Like
    How do we access the sites that have been developed? Or do we just have to wait for links to be put up? I`m curious to see what y`all built. ...Mainly I want to know so I can plagerize it all from you... They say that plagerisim is the highest compliment though.

edit: duh... Ok. I figured it out. BTW, has anyone else noticed that we can only post one smiley at a time now? I guess that is the side effect of the new picture rules. I would post the little shrugging smiley but I`ve already used my allotment of smiles for this post. I would follow that comment with a wink, but you understand the problem.... (insert wink here)

Post Thanks / Like
    DK... I`m with ya on the busy thing. Getting this house ready for the new owner has consumed me.

Jngrbrdman... You know, duh!... I didn`t even think about the smiley issue. I`d better rethink this.

more added to my original post.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still like the how to area it is takes time to find a good thread and then edit it for others to use. Also when editing them it shows that we edited and then you get a bunch of PMs from members asking what you edited.

I think the university might have killed the need for this section.

I still think it has merit but very time consuming. Is there a better way to put them in there?

Post Thanks / Like

Tire care: How clean is clean?

For some reason I have been really concerned with making sure my clients tires are as clean as possible, especially the ones that are caked with shiny dressing that slings all over the car.

Depending on the wheels, I tend to spray down the tires with diluted Megs Super Degreaser, let dwell for a little bit and then hit them with the pressure washer. Then I repeat that same process with the addition of a tire scrubbing brush before hitting the tires with the pressure washer.

My question/situation: I spray the tires with 303 or other tire dressing, let sit for a little bit and then spread with a dedicated MF applicator. The applicator tends to get pretty dirty and I`m afraid that this is affecting the results of the tire dressing. Usually I hit the applicator with Megs Super Degreaser, rinse and dry and hit the tires again to ensure the dressing is spread evenly.

Should I be cleaning the tires differently to avoid getting the applicator so dirty, or is that just the way it goes with tires?

Thanks for your help here.

-Kody-

Post Thanks / Like
    It may be a dirty tire, but most likely it`s just the tire`s built-in protection (anti-ozone) coming up onto the applicator.

You can tell when you`ve stripped off the old dressing if the tire sidewall doesn`t bead water anymore. It may take two or three applications of Super Degreaser to strip off a non-water-based dressing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    It may be a dirty tire, but most likely it`s just the tire`s built-in protection (anti-ozone) coming up onto the applicator.

You can tell when you`ve stripped off the old dressing if the tire sidewall doesn`t bead water anymore. It may take two or three applications of Super Degreaser to strip off a non-water-based dressing.
    I agree with Emile 100%.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Strip the tire with "tarminator" and a cotton rag and the tire will be free of everything........will get any remnant of built up dressing and dirt/old rubber, this is why my tires in the write ups I do come out so even with a matte finish.
    "Comfortable in my own skin"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post

Thank you very much Emile!

Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I agree with Emile 100%.
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    Strip the tire with "tarminator" and a cotton rag and the tire will be free of everything........will get any remnant of built up dressing and dirt/old rubber, this is why my tires in the write ups I do come out so even with a matte finish.
    Thanks a lot Bob, glad I have Tarminator at my disposal. Doing a 2011 SL65 AMG tonight, so I look forward to using it.

-Kody-

Thread Information