Post Thanks / Like
    Its not a car, but they get me around.

Bates Uniform Shoes, Meguiars #7 to polish and weekly applications of Souveran.

My Corcoran jump boots, polished with Kiwi original black shoe polish. A piece of cotton cloth, some shoe polish, some water, and lots of rubbing

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason, nice work my mother used to say you can tell a lot about a man by the look of his shoes.

How much better is car wax than Kiwi, any long term effects on the leather?

We should have more shoes on this forum (IMHO)

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    The shoes aren`t real leather. It isn`t even leather I think. Its a synthetic material, closer to plastic than leather. I wouldn`t go into long term effects because these shoes wear out quickly, every few years I replace them with a fresh pair.

As for the boots with spit shine, they will eventually rot from the inside out. The Kiwi polish is built up so much that the leather will not be able to breath and it`ll just rot from the inside out. I experienced this before, takes about 4 years for each pair of boots.

Haha, should start a shoe detailing forum....well maybe not :p

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Are normal shoes coated in the same way that leather seats in cars are, if so are there better products to shine shoes with. Also what can be used to remove old Kiwi wax and start again.

Shoe cleaning forum – there seems to be a forum for just about every topic on the internet except cleaning shoes, I think you have found a gap in the market

Steven

Shoe detailing business.......hmmm, sounds interesting. No, on second thought, just like the detailing customer that whines when you want to charge them extra for a gigantic SUV or a really unkept t.rd, you`d probably get somebody with shoes the size of Shaq`s that would expect to pay the same. Oh well, back to the second career search for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume that almost all leather used for shoes is not clear coated like the newer leathers in cars. If they were, you wouldn`t see all the Kiwi shoe polish, it would have some sort of protectant like 303.

I am just assuming all this and not a valid reference to the leather used in the manufacturing of shoes.

For taking old wax off shoes, there are several options. The first method and probably the oldest is to use some rubbing alcohol (70/30) and rub it into the shoe. Keep applying it until all the polish is gone. The shine it up with Kiwi again.

The boots pictures specifically say not to use rubbing alcohol or other harsh chemicals. The company says these chemicals were degrade the leather and suggest a dawn wash (or equivalent) with warm soapy water and a brush or cloth. then air dry.

Another method is to use shaving cream, but I haven`t heard or read of the details involving shaving cream. Steve can you comment?

I found my second carrer dlw, Car Detailing

My first career, well if you read some of my posts, you`ll know :bounce

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    And I thought my Zainoing the laminated furniture was bad. Or using Connolly Hide Food on my leather chair. Or Blitz on my floor. I have been outdone!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    No way Brad! Your Sanctuary is spectacular!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure Brad`s garage is spectacular but that is an area that one may expect to detail with car care products. But shoes? Damn Jason, you are quite the frontier man. You are setting trends buddy. Laters

Post Thanks / Like

Aftermarket AL rims pitted from winter salt

What the recommendation for restoring wheels that have pitting from winter road salt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you able to put up pictures?
    Deep pitting will require sanding. Also, get yourself some Busch Aluminum Polish. It`s the best, bar none.

Thread Information