Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t get mad, I don`t know the name as of yet but my buddy will call me some time later in the day and I will get the name for you by this afternoon.

It`s way better than Ef-Hi. I hadn`t cleaned my rims in one whole week and the brake dust was something to fear. With the Castrol stuff I would have to scrub, the PS2 stuff I would have to scurb the edges of the rims only where the brake dust gunked up and the Ef-Hi stuff would be the same.

I sprayed this new stuff on the rim, waited like 45 seconds and sprayed it off, it looked like I spent 5 minutes scrubbing the heck out of the rim, it worked well beyond my expectations and better than anything else I have used. It says you can even use it on the interior and it wont damage anything.

I am going to get two gallons for 10.00 (my special street price) I may try to get four gallons to hold me off for a bit... it`s awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but how safe is it?

I know of a special liquid that cleans stains off of clothes way better than normal laundry detergent. I absolutely guarantee you that it will remove almost any stain you come across. Does that mean I would use it in my washing machine instead of detergent?

It`s called bleach. I don`t think so.

Catch my drift?

Also...what kind of wheels are these that you "scrubbed the heck out of?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know, when I get the name I will do some research on the net and see what this stuff is all about.

My factory 1999 Camaro SS rims (ZR1 style). I have one of the soft brushes you guys use to clean your interior. Try using one of those on dirty rims, you`ll be there all day but heck, it`s safe right.

9 out of 10 times I get a wet rag and wipe down my rims, the dust builds up VERY fast, just about as bad as a BMW but it`s still not bad enough to use a cleaner since I need to wipe them down twice in the two days I use the car per week. I go really easy on them brakes too, I start the braking like a soft fade and as I slow down I let up on them and I glide to a stop so soft that you can`t feel the car stop sometimes. I don`t know, I guess the pads are just dusty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the "spray on, spray off" wheel products that don`t require any scrubbing contain acid. That is how they clean without mechanical agitation.:down
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    It also says you can use it on the dash, plastic and interior, if it doesn`t harm that stuff can it really be all that bad?????

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Most of the "spray on, spray off" wheel products that don`t require any scrubbing contain acid. That is how they clean without mechanical agitation.:down [/b]</blockquote>
    Perhaps, but even still, <strong class=`bbc`>if used according to directions[/b] , most of those are perfectly safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too early to tell with this stuff but I really don`t think it is harmful if you can use it on your interior seats, plastic and your dash.

If this stuff is as good as it seems, then Ef-Hi is going to collect dust. I can get some for you guys too but its up to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    The description of the stuff I use says ""Wheel Wash" Tire & Wheel Cleaner is a dynamite brake dust and road grime remover. Wheel Wash does not contain toxic acids, and is safe for all clear coated wheels. Just spray on wheels and tires, agitate with brush if needed, and hose-off. The formula is concentrated, and may be diluted with water for additional savings. "

$11.95/gallon, and I dilute it 50/50 with great results. Works better than EF-HI on my wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    What color is that stuff? Sounds as good as this stuff I found. The stuff I am talking about is light pink. Has no smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe-

Do you use either Klasse or Zaino to protect the rims?

I use Klasse, and it keeps my German Brake Dust Generator at bay - every wash, I just use a separate sponge and wash off the wheel thoroughly. No acid, no harsh cleaners - just wipe on, wipe off, and done. Of course, I still have the occasional tough spot, which I get with either clay, or AIO if necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to layer the rims in Klasse but I want to get new factory rims so these are just cleaned by hand. Even without Klasse all I need is a wet rag, once in a while I like to use a cleaner just to get them super clean.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>What color is that stuff? Sounds as good as this stuff I found. The stuff I am talking about is light pink. Has no smell. [/b]</blockquote>
    It`s light green, and smells similar to EF-HI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey RH, where do you get this stuff?
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    hey joed, could the stuff you`re talking about be Stoner`s Wheel and Tire Cleaner? it`s pink in color. i love the stuff; it is bar none the best wheel/tire cleaner i`ve ever used. i buy it in 5gal. pails from Stoner`s, pour it into a 1gal. jug diluted at least 50/50 if not 75/25. lately i`ve been diluting more along the lines of 3 parts h2o 1 part wheel/tire cleaner. i spray it on the tires and rims then blast it off with my pres. washer after that generally all i have to do wipe out any little spots of dust that the pres. washer didn`t get too.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Chuckmotor [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Hey RH, where do you get this stuff? [/b]</blockquote>
    http://www.topoftheline.com/topoflinprod.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information