Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    But once you got the jackstands, you will be able to clean the underside of the car and the wheel wells, exhaust system, change the engine oil, gearbox oil.....:xyxthumbs

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Putey have you tried Prepsol or lighter fluid maybe to break it down and soften this stuff?

And when ya gonna post an up close pic of it?

Post Thanks / Like

P21S or Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Gel

So as this nasty weather here in Colorado continues all I see is dirty cars, with very dirty wheels. So I have been looking into getting a new wheel cleaner. I have been looking at two and cannot decide on what to go with from the little info I have been able to find. So I thought I would as the experts on what your guys opinions are on them. The two in this comparison are P21S Wheel Gel or Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel & Rim Cleaner. I would like to which one is a better performer. The only thing I would like to make sure is that these are safe to spray one high performance brakes without damaging them. Rotors and calipers. From what I have read about P21S it seems that this is not a option but I want to make sure. I was wondering what your guys opinion is on how well they can clean, do you have to use more of one product to fully clean the wheel than the other? I really am looking forward to what you all have to say.
    Hope everyone is doing well. Thank you.
    Down here in colorful Colorado.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the P21S gel and like it very much. The CG Diablo, I have not tried. I have read some good things about it, and some not so good. The P21S is completely PH neutral and safe on all wheels.

I really like Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner the best. However, if you do use this, be careful as the Sonax may cause the disks to rust. The rust can be removed, but you need to know about it. It is PH neutral as well.

If you want a great wheel cleaner without having to worry about doing any harm, you can`t go wrong with the P21S.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the P21S and P21S Gel on the last several cars I have owned. A BMW M3 (1988) was the worst to clean. Honeycomb BBS Silver wheels. It gave off brake dust pulling in to the garage after a wash! Never harmed finish, always performed and no bad smell!

Used sucessfully on all clear coated wheels and does not harm paint. Rinses easily and all in all, for what it does and the fact that I don`t have to re-apply is fairly priced (per application).

I have not tried the Diablo or the Sonax. I don`t feel the need becasue this works perfectly for me.

I also dont do this for a living so my experience is limited to my own cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you BMW5541 and JSFM35 for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    another one for p21s. i have a bimmer and a volvo and they both have reps for brake dust. haven`t tried anything else as this gel does do the trick for me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Pass on the Diablo, folks. It`s fine for wheel faces, but then again so is nearly any wheel cleaner. It`s next to useless on the barrels, unless you feel like waiting AGES for it to dwell. I bought some last year, and still have a bit left since I honestly never reach for it. All it`s doing for me is wasting a perfectly good spray bottle.Boo Hoo

Post Thanks / Like
    The Diablo in my opinion sucks for cleaning the insides of wheels. like mikenap said above, it`s good for faces but what wheel cleaner isn`t?. I only use it on somthing that doesn`t need anything crazy.

both are pH balanced but the P21s wheel gel actually cleans the wheel and diablo doesn`t, IMO.
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Diablo is ok, the sticky gel works better and is alot cheeper bulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tru Shine and AudiGURU for your input. My quest for wheel cleaner continues....

Post Thanks / Like
    I like how you emphisize guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    Diablo Gel is more about being surface friendly.

P21S Gel has a pH of 9.5 and is "pH-controlled" not pH-balanced. It`s a time-based alkaline detergent and has tons of cleaning power with tons of surface safety, but is very costly.

As others have said, the CG Sticky Gel (orange) is much stronger than Diablo Gel and costs a lot less. pH of 11.4 so it`s safe for OEM wheels.

No such thing as the perfect wheel cleaner so be careful otherwise you`ll end up like me and you`ll have 45 different wheel cleaners on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Diablo is nothing special at all. Most regular car washes do at least as good. Initial reviews were good, but I can`t imagine why...

Post Thanks / Like
    Because we were all excited about a relatively affordable ph-neutral gel-based wheel cleaner. The affordable part being that you always dilute it 3:1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information