Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m going to do a quick job on my sisters tarus today.. planing on going with dawn then clay then IHG (First time using) then Meg`s gold class wax... how long should i let it haze before i buff it off? on the container it says to wait untill it hazes.. but not how long that should take? ie should i wax the hole car then let it wait an hour before i do that, or what? Thanks for the advice. I`ll be sure and post pictures of my `attempt` (doubt i`ll get it right)

Post Thanks / Like
    let the GC wax sit for about 45 minutes, 30 minutes if I need to hurry, and an hour if I have the time. But 45 minutes is the time I allow the product to haze on the surface of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful this wax leaves a bit of residue watch out around moldings and trim.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`ll really like Gold Class. My Meguiar`s friend told me results would be a little better if you could wait an hour to let it cure - and this seems to be true. You can buff it off a lot sooner if you have to. But OK to do the entire car and then wait. Of course, thin is best (are you using paste or liquid? I use liqud - easier with the orbital.)

It goes on and off fairly easily - and I have been very successful both applying and buffing it with the PC - if you happen to have one.

The IHG can be a bit tricky - now that I think of it, application technique is a lot like Klasse SG - you want to get it on evenly and thin, and DO buff it out immediately. On a dark car, failure to get it on evenly can result in an unevene appearance, which some people refer to as "staining". if it happens, it is easily fixed with another application.

I haven`t tried this with IHG, but many moons ago there was a predecessor product from 3M - "pink fill-n-glaze". This was MAGICAL stuff. A buddy of mine showed me how to use it best - he diluted it with water (about 50/50 if I remember correctly) and put it in a spray bottle. Spray, wipe, buff. worked really well. I have a hunch this would work with IHG too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the day when I used Gold Class, I`d do the whole car and than when I finished id go back and buff out in the place i started. Never had a problem. It usually looks good for about a week or until you wash it for the first time, cuz the oils that are in it tend to dissapear and the wax breaks down.

Post Thanks / Like
    The IHG wont do much good, since the Gold Class is a cleaner wax and will remove the IHG. The Gold Class wax also isnt good for layering for the same reason. Nice shine though for a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought 3M "pink" <em class=`bbc`>was[/i] IHG for the most part.

I used to use pink all the time on my black Mustang and found it to be great stuff. IHG gives almost identical results, IMO.

If the Taurus is new then IHG will look good but I do believe the polishes in the GC will remove most of the fillers and oils of IHG. Won`t hurt to try it, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    r u sure that gold class is a cleaner/wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gold Class is not a "Cleaner Wax" but if my understanding is correct it does contain some cleaners which can strip off a previous layer of wax / sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Gold Class is not a "Cleaner Wax" but if my understanding is correct it does contain some cleaners which can strip off a previous layer of wax / sealant. [/b]</blockquote>

"This vegetarian dish contains only 5% beef."

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

"This vegetarian dish contains only 5% beef." [/b]</blockquote>LOL. Good point there RH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nevertheless, Gold Class in not a cleaner wax. I have used Gold Class several times, and I noticed that as good as it looked the first time I used it, it looked even better two weeks later after I added a second layer. I say "layer" because I believe that the previous layer of GC was not removed. I have read that it does have some very very mild cleaners in it, but I have not noticed that it has a smidgen of cleaning ability. Frankly, I don`t believe that it does have any cleaners. If durability isn`t too much of a concern, then you will love GC. It`s very shiny and very reflective, and I definitly noticed that it DOES make dark colors darker. For someone who likes to wax and wants to do it often, you will find that GC is a good deal. And BTW, when I used it, I waited an hour before buffing off.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m holding a bottle of GC and no where on the box or bottle does it say cleaner/wax. Under Caution it does say it contains petroleum distillates. I`m waiting for my new car to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by buldog [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I`m holding a bottle of GC and no where on the box or bottle does it say cleaner/wax. Under Caution it does say it contains petroleum distillates. I`m waiting for my new car to try it out. [/b]</blockquote>I don`t rely heavily on manufacturer-provided information.

Did you know the Meguiar`s #9 2.0 Swirlmark remover is "100% non-abrasive"? So`s the Bodyshop Professional Swirl-Free Polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you know the Meguiar`s #9 2.0 Swirlmark remover is "100% non-abrasive"? So`s the Bodyshop Professional Swirl-Free Polish.</blockquote>

So if their statement is true,( and by your sentence structure I would take it that its bs.) are these products actually removing any material or are they just fillers?
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information