Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Floonnniii!

Intermezzo, I too noticed that they used the word "cleaners" where I think I would use "mildly abrasive polish." Not sure if they also use the term for where they are actually chemical cleaners . . . these guys are full of it. Argue with them for long enough and you will get the answer you are looking for, although you may have to derive it from all the marketing and legalese `stuff` they spout.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was off from work today and the weather in NJ was about 50 degrees. So I took 2 hours this morning to work the PC7424 with 3m SMR. I wanted to do this for some time, and I also wanted to experiment with Gold Class Wax. A friend of mine religiously applies it to his 1997 911 and she(car) looks great!.

After polishing the 3M SMR for about an hour and a half, I applied (1) thin coat of Gold Class with the PC using a finishing pad. after 45 minutes I tried buffing out with a neatitem.com MF, however I had better results with a plush terry towel (Charisma). Wow I liked the deep wet look and I plan on monitoring how long it lasts. It was a beautiful day in NJ and the car really turned some heads today!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Clean Dean..that Black Mustang looks awesome..Nice work..:xyxthumbs
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice work on that stang, man! is that a set of cobra rims or something? kinda look like they could be...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks... I absolutely love the pics of your 300Z... I`ll be honest with you I use both Zaino and Klasse, and I am open to trying many different products, and I was blown away by the SMR + MGC combo.

SLPCar Luvr... They are Cobra rims...It`s a long story, but the dealer "owed" them to me after some problems at the time of purchase.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience, Gold Class has about the same cleaning power as Swirl Free or Swirl Remover-that is, it will remove light tar, some paint abrasions (paint from other cars or objects) and fill in swirls. However, I do not think it has as wet a look as #26 High Tech Yellow. I`ve tried them side by side and always end up going back to #26. #26 also does not haze plastic at all nor does it leave any residue in the emblems and between body panels. Besides, with a business, I need something a bit more durable and #26 beads at least twice as long as Gold Class.

Either IHG or Meguiars Hand Polish are great foundations for either wax.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Snow is the best brake dust remover?

I wanted to write about an interesting observation. We had a lot of snow up here in New Jersey. I didn`t wash my car for the past 3 months because I had some paint work done so the wheels on my BMW were dirty with brake dust as usual. It snowed pretty bad here last week and my car was covered completely and I didn`t bother digging it out for a few days. When a good amount of snow melted, I noticed that my wheels were clean and shiny. I went inside and asked if anybody had detailed my wheels. They didn`t just look clean, they looked detailed. Obviously I`m the only detailer in the family so I knew this could not be.

What is this phenomenon? When you hose your dirty wheels down with just water, the brake dust goes nowhere. How can snow remove brake dust?

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it,s because the snow sits there and dwells for quite some time helping to dissolve some of the break dust.
    Where in NJ are you? I am in Morris County.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I guess it,s because the snow sits there and dwells for quite some time helping to dissolve some of the break dust.
    Where in NJ are you? I am in Morris County.
    Would be my guess as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in Bloomfield, Essex County.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information