Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Puterbum - you say "Did you know the Meguiar`s #9 2.0 Swirlmark remover is "100% non-abrasive"?

Where did you get this? It runs counter to all the information I have. My bottle of the stuff clearly says it is a "cleaner/polish" - in Meguiar`s terms, polishes don`t have abrasive, cleaners do. Also, they now include a "cutting power" indicator on most of their products (Yeah for Meguiars! don`t you wish everyone did this? :up ). The cutting power scale is from 0 to 10, 10 being most aggresive. #9 2.0 is a 3, not a 0.

I also have experienced the same thing as Chuckmotor - Gold Class can be layered (only needs twice, more may not help) and it looks better. here is what Meguiars says, as I posted a while back in http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...&threadid=5523

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Gold Class - Most Reflective wax in our history. Some waxes and polymers are not optically correct. In other words, the light is not reflecting 100% due to refraction. This hurts clarity and gloss. Gold Class uses optically correct polymers, rich polishing oils to create a deep dark shine. Has some non abrasive cleaners which remove fine defects. Not as durable as 26 or M20. For the individual who waxes on a more frequent basis. Provides good protection.</blockquote>

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys I guess my sarcasm didn`t come through. You missed the in your quotes.

Yes I was told that these products are nonabrasive by a Meguiar`s representative.

I was giving examples of just <strong class=`bbc`>why[/b] I don`t trust manufacturer information but was not clear enough. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t worry, Puter, I understood the sarcasm. However, the Meguiar`s #9 2.0 says ON THE BOTTLE that on a scale of 0-10, the #9 2.0 has a 3 on the cut scale. So obviously, it has some abrasives, as the bottle clearly states. And I`m also certain that GC wax is NOT a cleaner wax. It can not be used as one in any cases.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the as well. I agree with you, I don`t trust what these labels say. They should be required by law to supply a MSDS with all products sold. Or at least have them available for consumers to read at the place of purchase.
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Chuckmotor [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Nevertheless, Gold Class in not a cleaner wax. <snip> I have read that it does have some very very mild cleaners in it, but I have not noticed that it has a smidgen of cleaning ability.[/b]</blockquote>
    "Really, our meal is vegetarian. I didnt even taste the 5% beef."

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

"Really, our meal is vegetarian. I didnt even taste the 5% beef." [/b]</blockquote>
    LOL...... `MILD CLEANING ACTION`..... they can say its not a cleaner wax, but with this disclaimer, it definitely is one.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SLPCar Luvr [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

LOL...... `MILD CLEANING ACTION`..... they can say its not a cleaner wax, but with this disclaimer, it definitely is one. [/b]</blockquote>
    Ok, allow me to clarify. Yes, I have read that it has some mild cleaning abilities, but I read that on Autopia! No where on the Meguiar`s bottle, box, or website have I found ANYTHING that leads me to believe that Gold Class has any cleaning abilities, and in my personal expierence, I have noticed absolutely zero cleaning ability, and I`m certain that it doesn`t remove previous layers of wax.

I don`t care what`s in it, but that vegetarian dish sure tastes pretty damn good!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week I received my shipment of Meguiars,I ordered Gold Class Cleaner -wax and Gold class wax.

I ordered the cleaner-wax just for that: to clean,`cause I couldn`t find a cleaner as such.

This week-end I could only do a part of my car (the rear-end, being it a large SUV it was time consuming enough).

So,after washing (not with Dawn or anything similar `couse the car had never seen any wax) I cleaner-waxed it using MGCCW and cotton-pads as applicator.The first passes collored the cotton pads realy grey-black : real dirt comming out of the paint!(It`s a green car, so, it wasn`t paint).The cotton-pads allowed me to change often to a clean side, I was afraid of using the yellow included foam -pad because i`d be using it on the entire car afraid of dragging dirt around...

After that I used the Meguiars Scratch & swirl remover, the car was bought second-hand and the garage where it came from must have used an orbital to "restore"the paint: the evidence is everywhere.The MS&SR does what it says: it removes swirls and now I know what I am saving for: a PC, it was not only time consuming , it was taking alot of energy, but the result was good.

No, I can`t post pictures, my camera is broken ...

At last it was time to wax: Meguiars gold class paste wax.

I made some mistakes here:

1st:when you guys say "thin layers , you seem to mean it.I realy learned fast that thin it should have been!!!

2nd:the cure time I used wasn`t long enough.My second mistake was that I wanted to go fast on the waxing part(I ran out of time).No damage done , but a waste of produkt.

Overall result: a killer shine on the rear-end of my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    cvcaelen - Meguiars Gold Class line has two waxes? I`m pretty sure Meguiars Gold Class line has a wash, one cleaner/wax, a metal polish, a swirl mark remover/polish and a leather product.

Well I reached over and took out my can of Gold Class wax (paste.) From the can -

You`re holding one of the finest car waxes we`ve ever made (and we`ve made some great formulations during this century). What makes this formula so special is its incredible reflective qualities. Regardless of what paint you have, this formula will dramatically deepen the color, bring out the full richness of the paint and create clear color, sharp reflections unlike anything you`ve ever experienced. It glides on and off easily, cleans the surface, removes swirl marks, adds polishing oils, reduces UV ray damage and adds tough, long lasting polymer protection. It`s truly in a class by itself.

____

Now if Meguiars Gold Class is not a cleaner wax, then what the heck is it? "cleans the surface, removes swirl marks, adds polishing oils"

Hahaha funny with the vegetarian comment,

Customer - Is this 100% beef?

Waiter - NO, its 85% beef.

Customer - Wahts the other 15%?

Waiter - You don`t want to know.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    To Meguiar`s, a polish is not the same thing as a polish to us.

Actual convo between myself and a Meguiar`s rep about what we would call a glaze:

Me: Is it abrasive?

MR: No, it`s a polish.

Me: Um, my understanding of the word polish was that it indicated abrasives.

MR: Nope, it`s just a polish, not abrasive.

Me: ??? So to Meguiar`s, a polish is something that fills in imperfections, not removes them?

MR: --

I guess it means different things depending on what they put the word on. That guy was playing word games with me the entire phone call and it was pretty annoying. I was trying to get straight technical product information and usage advice and was getting marketing BS that I had to decipher and translate back to him.

Basically, if you want to call them and get advice about something, drop your Autopian vocabulary and figure out what theirs means. The 2 guys I have talked to were not very knowledgeable though, I would not rely on them for much.

Er, this post was supposed to be about how we might be misinterpreting the "polishing oils" as cleaners, but I kind of went off on a ranting tangent.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I do not think Meguiar`s Gold Class wax is a cleaner wax. Its more of a glaze with some durability and UV protection, or what they call "polish wax."

It`s interesting to see Meguiar`s definition of "polish." Here is the Q & A part of the Meguiar`s "Brilliant Solutions" catalog:

Q: Do I need to polish my new car?

A: If you have a darker-colored car, it`s imperative that you polish the paint from the beginning. It`s easier to keep your paint looking glossy by applying a polish regularly than to restore the paint once it becomes dull. Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Step 2 Polish will help your car`s finish look even deeper and richer than when it was on the showroom floor. <strong class=`bbc`>Since all of Meguiar`s pure polishes are non-abrasive[/b], they`re very safe for your new paint.

So I am assuming that Gold Class is a wax with no cleaning ability, just "polishing" or what we call, "glazing" ability.

~bw

EDIT: Jason, I think he means two versions of the Gold Class wax: paste and liquid.

Post Thanks / Like
    I truely have two (2 ) diffrent waxes from Megiuars: check :www.megiuarseurope.nl/shop
    *-7014:premium clearcoat paste wax (gold class)
    A-1214: clearcoat safe cleaner/wax paste.
    The numbers are the order numbers here in Europe.
    Seems we`ve got diffrent products out here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, ok, I thought both were from Meguiars Gold Class line. Yeah Meguiars does have a vast number of waxes, I even get confused sometimes.

Anyone know how can I get a job at Meguiars?

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Puterbum,

I had a similar experience when talking to the Meguiar`s reps. They seem to use the phrase `removes swirls` & `fill-in swirls` synonymously. I kept on asking about the difference between #7 and #9 and the way he described it would make it seem as if #9 had more fillers than #7. "#9 removes swirls. It doesn`t have abrasives, it uses chemical cleaners and fills in the swirls. #7 is just a polish to shine up your paint. It doesn`t remove (which means fill-in to them) your swirls".

Post Thanks / Like
    after reading this thread I need to seek legal consel to understand what Meguiars is saying.... LOL

Where is FLONI maybe he understands and can translate...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information