Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just wondering, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

I use my car from friday at 5 p.m. until Sunday afternoon. I only take it out on nice days and put 40-80 miles on it a weekend. It is always covered and so forth.

Before the winter I wouldn`t mind using Klasse but I was wondering why I should use it now, is there anything in the Sealent that I would "miss" if I use all kinds of carnauba products? Why would I NOT want to switch?

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is in a garage queen probably the carnuba due to the pleasure of applying and the look.

For daily drivers I prefer Polymers as these need more protection and need more cleaning which reduces the carnuba.

but that is me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still don`t think you can beat the look of a good carnuba, plus there`s something special about working with carnuba. I switched to BF for my daily driver because of the heat here in the South.

I`m looking at a potential garage queen right now, and if it finds it`s way to my garage, the smell of carnuba will once again reign supreme! :xyxthumbs
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to be doing both on my truck.

I`m going to go with Klasse with a carnauba topper. I`m actually working on it right now. I`m taking a little break to get a drink and cool down. It`s hot out today.

Just have to finish claying half the truck, then I`ll probably wait till tomorrow to do the rest of what I have planned out.

Rewash it and then get the buffer out for a day of fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use both, but for a "garage queen" I would probably just use carnauba. Sealants are overkill IMO for a non-daily driver. :xyxthumbs
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not just do both. Apply a good 3-5 coats of Klasse SG and then follow with carnauba. This is an unbeatable look in my opinion. Its a nicer look than Imperial Hand Glaze followed by a carnauba or by just applying a few coats of carnauba in itself.

3 coats of Klasse SG will give you a killer shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want protection use a sealant if you in it for the looks use carnauba. You can also use both= Klasse with a carnauba topper or look into BF, I have never used it just hear its the best of both worlds.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse is used at many concours events because of its bright, mirror like shine. Add a little caurnauba and you get the best of both worlds, plus an awesome shine. For daily driver, i like BF, awesome look (little better than Klasse/Blitz IMO), and while I love working with carnauba, I dont have to worry about not being to layer more sealant and so on.

Post Thanks / Like
    klasse and p21s wax for me. i agree...

the combination of sealant and wax is a can`t beat situation.

sounds like i need to try BF though....
    Clean 2013 X1

Post Thanks / Like
    BOTH :xyxthumbs

:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    5 layers of Klasse Glaze and then I`ll just layer away with the Blitz wax, maybe I`ll go nuts and buy some expensive wax to fool around.

I was just thinking if I used Meguiars for everything I would have a better shine in the end rather than use the Klasse shine as a base to work upon ........

Post Thanks / Like
    For a dark coloured car I think it`s tough to beat a polymer topped with a carnauba. The extra protection won`t hurt either..

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Joed. I know its just my opinion but I would bet the ranch, the wife, the kids, the car (If I had a wife and kids) that Klasse SG layered followed by a quality carnauba will give you a better shine than Meguiars #7, #20, #26, Gold Class, etc....

Post Thanks / Like

Product safety question

Ok, I`ve been on here long enough to know that Meguiars Wheel Brite us more than a little hazardous if used improperly (need eye, hand and respiratory gear). For those who use it, any tips on mixing it up to the required ratio? Will it be safe on stock Ford rims (2007 Expedition) with the chrome plated plastic covers? I ask as the P21S I just got did a fairly decent job on the brake dust but once I remove these turkeys I don`t think the P21 will remove all. It looks and feels like a CC on the inside, hence my asking.

Grungy
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t use wb regularly. It`s safe on clear coat, but wheels all have little nicks and wb can get under the clear that way and cause problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information