Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Bond isn`t glossy and drys to the touch.
    Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    I never heard of this product. I have been using Surf City Garage Beyond Black for a while now, and love the results. It gives a deep dark, matte finish that never slings. I have just received my order which includes Opti-Bond, and am anxious to try it out.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like

tire and wheel care

Thank you all for the input. I found out that Michelin has had their tire and wheel cleaner, tire dressing and spray for the wheels to prevent brake dust from sticking. Michelin has it on their "US" web site under "tire care" and has apparently been out for a year. But only advertised on their web site. it is approved for care tires and for my heavy duty truck tires.
    I am going to order some and see how it works. maybe it will make my michelins check less.
    mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino makes an excellent tire dressing that is a liquid, applied with a sponge, dries dark and not greasy looking, and lasts pretty good up here where it rains about 80%+ of the time.

One bottle of it will last me about a year, and I have 3 vehicles of my own that get it frequently, and the 60 vehicles or so, and 1 Airplane all got this treatment too.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike,

No, I can`t say that I have heard of this.

I use these;

1. Pinnacle Black Onyx
    2. Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
    3. DP Gloss Tire Gel
    4. Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

I`ve listed from 1 to 4 for level of glossiness.

All of these are superb performers with the "more glossy" going to Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Now this glossiness is not the wet shine you might be thinking of if you`ve ever used something like Meguiar`s "Hot Wheels" tire spray.

While either the Pinnacle or Wolfgang are applied they do give off that wet appearance but as the product soaks into the rubber it tends to tone it down to a nice black satin finish. I apply all my tire treatments with a brush and a foam sponge.

DP Gloss Tire Gel goes on buttery smooth and dries to a deep dark rich blackness. It`s has sort of a mint smell to it but goes away after it`s dried.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is another good performer but it takes a couple of coats to get it looking good. This gives what I`d call the flattest finish although it does look quite good but not as rich as the three above.

None of the above sling like many of the liquid products I`ve tried in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s my take on the subject, Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing! Hyper Dressing is the industry`s first water-based dressing that can be diluted with water to adjust the level of shine. Perfect for all professional detailers and avid enthusiasts like yourself, Hyper Dressing can be diluted with water up to 4:1 depending on the level of gloss desired.

You select the shine:

* Highest Gloss - dilute 1:1 with water
    * Medium Gloss - dilute 2:1 with water
    * Satin Finish - dilute 3:1 with water
    * Natural Finish - dilute 4:1 with water

Use Hyper Dressing on tires, wheel wells. engine compartment and exterior rubber and plastic trim. For wheel wells and in the engine compartment, try the 3:1 dilution ratio. Hyper Dressing sprays on white but this completely disappears after a few minutes leaving a nice dark black finish with a slight shine. This is a great product for anyone looking for a safe and money worth product.

On a Gel type product then our Blackfire Long Lasting Tire Gel! is the one to get.

It contains no butyl of any kind, no alcohols and no petroleum distillates. It will not eat up those damm foam applicators. In fact, This dressing is so safe it boasts no significant skin, inhalation or ingestion hazard, it`s the safest tire dressing in the industry! The amount of tire shine is a point of your personal preference. The formula was made to have a semi-gloss. It`s not as "glassy" as some products but we feel it`s a well-dressed look that compliments most vehicles. If you prefer more gloss, wait ten minutes and apply a second coat. If you prefer a more satin finish, wipe the tire immediately after application with a clean cloth
    and don`t forget it`s Polycharger!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information