9 8.33%
  • Meg`s WB

19 17.59%
  • Other

31 28.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The CMA website says that you can spray a little Eagle One Wipe `n Shine on a foam applicator when applying Klase SG. Do you reccomend doing this? Because the Klasse directions say not to use wet the applicator at all.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Sonus to apply the SG, and it made it easier (and made the coats go on thinner, which would also result in them coming off easier).

In lieu of Sonus - you could do what some people here suggest, mixing two ounces of SG with some water in a spray bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I soaked the mf in water, then wring it out ,then I used a QD. The SG went on smooth and thin. Just last week I did the same thing with the eagle one foam pad and I like it alot better the the mf it didn`t grab so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Eagle one wipe & shine to moisten the applicator for SG application. WOrked great, I highly recommend it. Without it teh applicator becomes too dry and will not wipe on the car, requiring more SG product, which puts too thick of a coat on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been experimenting with different techniques to apply SG. The best I have found is to use a Viper MF applicator with one spray of QD on it before putting the SG on the applicator. This helps to put down thin layers but more than that I think that it helps to conserve the SG because you don`t have to use as much initially to wet the applicator. Another reason I like the MF app. is that it is wider than other applicators and it allows me to put down wide straight swipes of the SG which makes it easier to see and also imo helps me get full coverage.

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite wheel cleaner and why

Yes, this has been asked before but not as a poll (the threads get lost after some time). SO, I ash what is your favorite wheel cleaner and why. Specifically not on your vehicles, but on customers. Bonus points for which other cleaners you have tried and either still use or not.

So far I have APC and Meg`s Degreaser (just ordered P21S and W. Degreaser removed some really old grime from the wheels (but only a bit), APC just sat there. I also have Diablo gel which is ok, but didn`t remove the brake dust like I thought it should (degreaser seemed to be better).
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener

I`ve been using Meguiar`s Wheel Brightener and it does a spectacular job.

I buy it in the gallon form and when diluted according to Meguiar`s recommendations it makes 4 gallons so it`s very economical.

Price Per Gallon - $16.00

Amazing Roll Off

This is another product I`ve recently tried and it works quite well. According to the manufactures claims it`s water activated.

Amazing Roll-Off is a concentrated, water-activated cleaner. Simply wet the area to be cleaned with water, spray on Amazing Roll-Off and rinse the dirt and grime away.

It does a great job of cleaning both the tire and wheel. Since I don`t see a dilution ratio listed I have to assume it`s used full strength.

Price Per Gallon - $25.00
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite is P21S Gel as it`s very effective and safe for all wheels. My 2nd favorite is Optimum Power Clean. I haven`t tried Sonax yet, but plan to in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not even close. Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner hands down. I have tried so many different wheel cleaners, and Sonax is just so easy to use and does such a good job with the least amount of agitation required. P21S Gel used to be my favorite, until I tried the Sonax. It is also safe on all wheel types , as it is PH neutral. It`s only drawback is the smell. It smells like rotten eggs, but I can live with it.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been very happy with Blackfire`s tire and wheel cleaner. I like that it`s safe to use and you only need 1 product for both. I was tired of other cleaners etching my wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Meguiars WB for the daily driver jobs and P21S gel for the delicate high end wheels.

Sonax is nice but it`s waaaay to $$$ IMO....P21S is up there too though.

For old nasty wheels, WB is the way to go.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad - are you guys able to drive again? :driving:
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a reminder or for someone who may not know. ...be very careful what you use on uncoated aluminum . I wouldnt use a wheel acid on them (you could damage them)and personally just use car soap .

I cant stand the smell of wheel acids and wont use them .Plus if they smell that bad you know you probably shouldnt be breathing it :judge:
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Just a reminder or for someone who may not know. ...be very careful what you use on uncoated aluminum . I wouldnt use a wheel acid on them (you could damage them)and personally just use car soap
    About 10 years ago, I volunteered to detail my girlfriends car. She had a Honda CR-V, with Aluminum wheels... I`ve never encountered those before, so just sprayed them with wheel cleaner as normal. Yep, it got ugly!

I ended up spending a LOT of time with a metal polish to get those marks off. That`s called a learning experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    Chad - are you guys able to drive again? :driving:
    Yep....though this weekend brings the threat of more snow....
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information