Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone try this?

I was thinking of using clay, polish, all in one then:

Meguiars Glaze

Klasse Glaze

Meguiars Glaze

Klasse Glaze

I know this would really really make the paint shine, I just don`t know if it would bond right, the Meguairs product being only oils and all. I bet it would really work out nice if it was possible....

Has anyone tried this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not put meguires glaze on the car before using KSG. if you want to layer a glaze the only thing you can put on top of it is a carnuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    This stinks....

There has to be something us Klasse, Zaino and Blackfire users can apply between coats of sealent to lock in more of a shine.... I wonder. Maybe a chemical non abrasive wax???? Maybe 3m wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you apply a wax, or any other non-acrylic type product over a sealant, how can the next layer of sealant bond to it? If you plan on stripping off all the previous layers the next time you want to use sealant, then go for it. Otherwise, you`re pretty much stuck with sealant on top of sealant with no other product options except stripping it all back.

I`ve come to the opinion that "oil and water don`t mix" and to stick with "like over like". I don`t see the point in stripping off expensive products & all my work for a few weeks of marginally better appearance.

It`s just my opinion & everybody`s got one.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>This stinks....

There has to be something us Klasse, Zaino and Blackfire users can apply between coats of sealent to lock in more of a shine.... I wonder. Maybe a chemical non abrasive wax???? Maybe 3m wax? [/b]</blockquote>
    For what? They shine enough!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can SG bond without AIO? I know that some people have put SG on brand new cars without using AIO, so it seems that SG doesn`t need AIO. Let`s say I have a new car and I put a Meguiar`s Hand Glaze on the car. Would SG not bond on top?
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>This stinks....

There has to be something us Klasse, Zaino and Blackfire users can apply between coats of sealent to lock in more of a shine.... I wonder. Maybe a chemical non abrasive wax???? Maybe 3m wax? [/b]</blockquote>
    Joed, not to worry. There IS something you can use in between coats. Before and after every coat of polymer you apply, apply a non-carnauba, non-silicone quick detail. Shine it up really nice and lock in that shine with a coat of sealant. The only QD I know of that doesn`t contain silicones is Z-6. However Sonus and BF may not either, but I can`t be sure about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Final Inspection does NOT have silicone, either. However, the burgandy bottled Quick Detailer does.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    BayPort Bob - I strip everything every month because I have nothing better to do and I don`t mind spending time on the car.

I am going to use the QD, one month will be building up the Klasse with sub layers of QD and then I will strip it all off the following month to use Zaino... this summer is going to be fun. Last year I couldn`t mak heads or tails from most of the stuff on the market. My big "leap" was Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chuckmotor,

You are correct, you don`t have to use AIO if you don`t want too. But, you still can`t use the Meguiars hand glaze before the SG. The SG MUST be applied to a perfectly clean surface for it to bond properly. That means no glazes, waxes, silicones or oils.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like

What`s your favorite wheel wax / sealant

Easy what`s your favorite wheel wax / sealant and why?

I prefer either rejex (even though it`s not a dedicated wheel product) or wheelwax. Rejex seems to hold up well not the easiest to work with though, wheel wax smells good make painted wheels really shine.
    Paul
    Eastside Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAutoSpa View Post

I prefer either rejex (even though it`s not a dedicated wheel product) or wheelwax. Rejex seems to hold up well not the easiest to work with though, wheel wax smells good make painted wheels really shine.
    Haven`t really tried many others so should be interesting to see what others like.
    Paul
    Eastside Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like
    I am presently using Collie 476s. If I weren`t using it for my wheels, I probably would never use it for anything (not because it`s not a good wax but only because I have so many waxes and sealants).

But I have to admit that I find sealing my wheels too much work for too little benefit. I do not see a visual difference in the wheels after I have sealed them, and while I admit that the wheels are a bit easier to clean during the next wash, this really isn`t a great boon. Even without the sealing, my wheels are pretty easy to clean with my Griot`s Wheel Cleaner or APC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAutoSpa View Post

I use Ultima Paint Guard Plus becasue it is so easy to apply and lasts (until you use wheel cleaner). From mid March-October i only need car wash soap to clean my wheels becasue I wash the car often. over the winter they get trashed. The Ultima got me through the last 2 winters faithfully.

Nothing is easier, that is for sure and I think it is as durable as anything else I could buy. Plus I alreadt own it!

I have to admit I am thinking about having my wheels covered in an OptiCoat or G tech formula next spring to see how it lasts in comparison. My biggest fear with those 2 options is that if it does not wear off evenly, I will be stuck polishing a wheel with alot of posts and that will not be fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used every product mentioned so far on wheels and actually have Rejex on the driver`s side wheels vs. Wheel Wax on the passenger side wheels and here is what I have noticed (three weeks old on the application now).

The Wheel Wax is a much stronger `cleaner`. My wheels had that light staining behind the spokes that even a dedicated cleaner and a brush couldn`t remove. An application of Wheel Wax and a terry cloth took it right off (as well as other brake dust stains)!

Wheel Wax was consiberably more difficult to remove as it chalks up white on any areas that are not super thin and often requires a second go at removal to make sure no spots are missed.

But the biggest difference is the cleaning ability. I have been using ONR and cleaning my wheels twice a week, but this week I let it go until yesterday. The Speed3 puts out a ton of dust! Wheel Wax was so much easier to clean (using ONR and Wheel Woolies) to the point that the brake dust just flowed off. The Rejex side required scrubbing on some areas, the difference was pronounced enough to be eye-opening.

Because of it`s cleaning ability and ease of washing (at least the way I wash my personal wheels) I am going with Wheel Wax hands down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information