Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Joed... I think you`ve pretty much graduated from the Dipshi....uuuh, I mean the idiot`s guide to Zaino. j/k bro

Couple of things though. Although the Z-5 has some swirl-filling ability, some people actually prefer the way Z-5 looks. They swear it provides a `deeper` shine than Z-2. Experiment with both and see which one you like better.

You wrote: "I also cannot use a polish without stripping the entire car and starting over right? I thought Zaino made something like Z6, like a non abrasive polish you can use inbetween. "

Correct, you can`t use anything with cleaners/abrasives without removing your existing coats. Zaino doesn`t make any paint cleansing-type of product. The Z-6 you are thinking of is their QD which is recommended before and after applying a coat of Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info Brad! The Zaino system is pretty straight forward, there really isn`t any mysterious or secret tricks that some people use for better results. Just follow Brad`s tips and you should be fine. The only thing left is to consider if you`re going to use terry or foam pads. Personally, I prefer foam. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great guys, good thing I got some help. I thought you had to apply this 6 stuff when the sun was on the rise and the 2 only every second week when the werewolfs are shedding but not too much because the z2 makes the oxygen around the car "negative" which will make the shine dull out .1 second faster than it should.

I don`t know ............ guess I do now. Just got to find a group buy thingy and get the package.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Brad -

So if I use clay and a 3M polish I can just go nuts with the Z2... once I start using the Z2 I don`t stop right? I know "redcarguy" said he had like 75 layers or something on his car. Is that the purpose of Z2? [/b]</blockquote>
    Ya I think that I am up to 100 now. BUT!!!!!! I just orderd some 3m smr, I am going to try it on the satty first then on the SS. I think that I have some swirls down on the clear that I need to get out, Back when I started the Z I really didnt do the proper prep. O well 2 years of Z down the drain............
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa, so your just going to start over??? Maannnnn.

Yo Redcar.... Does the Zaino swirl easily? If so, would the Z5 fix these swirls without having to start over?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I dont think that the Z swirls easy.... I think that i did a crappy job of prep a few years back I had started with just Z1/ Z2 way back then i really didnt understand much about Z and what I do today... I wish that I had used Z5 to start with to maybe "fill" some of the imperfections that I find now and then. I have gotten very picky about the Swirls and such on the SS lately Some are very small but I can see them.

To tell you the truth Now I almost never use Z2 anymore, I love the way that Z5 go`s on and off and I think that it looks "deeper" or "wetter" But this is just my $.02

I am hoping to get and almost 100% swirl free finish on the SS, then start over, I will do just Z5/ZFX from now on on it and seal the clear.. I think that I may be to picky.......It may also be the 15 lights in the garage lol

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats good to know that you think Z5 is better. So it`s almost like your ALWAYS hiding swirls while giving your car the shine. Two in one ... nice.

How much would ZFX cost if I wanted to use it every saturday, like how can I expect to spend per month?

Do you have AOL IM, if so can I get your user name?

P.S. Is there any way to get some really really up close pics of your paint? I would really like to see how the Zaino has worked so far ya know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you clay over zanio or does that force you to start over from scratch?

Post Thanks / Like
    AIM>

CamaroSSBill

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Light claying does not remove Zaino, so you can do it once or twice a year without having to start over.

Post Thanks / Like
    After claying you should apply more Z2 or Z5 but if you like Z1 will not hurt unless you have ZFX....

I love this thread title lol

Post Thanks / Like

Is There Anything I Can Do To Help Prevent Chrome On Wheels From Pitting and Flaking?

I have a Decent set of Chrome Firehawk Wheels, They are very hard to find in good shape because the Chrome on the Barrells of the Wheels normally start to pit and the Chrome starts to peel. Is there anything I can put on the Wheels to help prevent this from happening?

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep them clean and waxed
    Paul
    Eastside Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like
    As stated above clean them often. The longer break dust sits on the wheels, the more damage it causes. Make sure to use a Ph balanced wheel cleaner, and seal them with a quality sealant. Blackfire Metal Sealant is a good choice, as is Wheel Wax. There are many good wheel sealants on the market. Once you seal them, it will make it easier to clean the next time. The next time you clean the wheels, just use car shampoo and various brushes to clean. You don`t want to use a wheel cleaner again, as it will strip off most of the sealant.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    First and foremost (as mentioned earlier) clean them often! But (as mentioned earlier) use either car soap (which may be all that is necessary if you clean them often and wax them) or a mild, near pH neutral car soap.

Chrome plating is very thin (less than .5 mils typically). If you are getting a lot of flaking then the chrome shop may not have done the best job prepping the surface prior to plating it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information